• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some complain about our schedules?!?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Love this Lee Roy Selmon quote in that article:

"Now, scheduling one of the state's 'Big Three' speaks volumes for where our program is headed."

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

Well if Rutgers hadn't pulled FIU away, then USF would have played Chas So, WKU, FIU and the FSU with Miami at the end of the year. That would have been one I-AA team at home, two I-A teams (one home and one away) and two BCS teams (one home and away). This seems to be the pattern for USF for scheduling, so that they can get at least 6 home games each season. I'm sure if USF had the $$, they would schedule everything but BE away games at home it they could show a profit on the deal.

Personally, I think the 1 I-AA, 2 I-A and 2 BCS games is a good balance of SoS and home games for USF at this time.

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Well if Rutgers hadn't pulled FIU away, then USF would have played Chas So, WKU, FIU and the FSU with Miami at the end of the year.

Charleston Southern replaced FIU.  So our schedule would of been Wofford, WKU, FIU.

I dont see much different with FIU being on the schedule (other than it would of been a win toward bowl qualification)

and if we are worried about qualifying to a  bowl then our strength of schedule doesnt mean anything.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Oh, man!  Imagine what Rutgers' schedule would've been had they not taken away FIU!!!!

3 FCS Opponents!!!!!!

Doesn't that mean that they would've had to win 8 games to be bowl eligible????  Terrible.

But, I guess you gotta pay the bills.  Home games will do that.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf's is a joke

that is why an undefeated big east team will not be in nc game

never happen

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

big east team needs to stop scheduling 1aaa teams for even one game

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Come on Smazza... Our schedule is not a joke this year... FSU and Miami are no worse than Ohio State and Notre Dame. If those four teams played right now, both FSU and UM would beat Notre Dame and split with OSU. The PAC-10 is as competitive as the Big East this year. We have our USC's and Oregon's in Cinci and USF (it's hard to believe - but we have better QB play out of our frosh than Pete Carrol is getting from his frosh - and Tony Pike is playing like a top-8 QB in the country). USC may have a talent show of players based on stars, but the UW loss shows that they might be no more talented than some of our lower star guys who come ready to play. Oregon State, Cal, Arizona, UCLA, and Stanford are the WVU's, Pitt's, and UConn's of our conference. ASU and UW are suspect like Rutgers. Louisville and Cuse are bottom feeders like WSU. Just my two cents. An undefeated USF plays for the NC. No questions asked. FSU and UM will both finish strong. UC will run the table if they beat us... and will potentially finish with one loss if they lose to us. I just hope we don't lose focus at Pitt or UConn after big games against Cinci and UM. If we don't beat RU this season, I'll probably find a Jersey whore and get her skank a$$ pregnant. If you can't beat them, join them. I'll make a Jersey baby and send the little prodigy to USF to help our football team out.

Archived