• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some complain about our schedules?!?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I am sure this has been covered before but has anyone noticed how bad Rutgers scheduling is this and in future years?

Look at these OOC schedules:

2009 (This year): Howard, FIU, Maryland, Texas Southern, Army

2010: FIU, Norfolk State, Army, Tulane, North Carolina

2011: North Carolina, Ohio, Navy, Army

2012: Kent State, Tulane, Navy, Army

That is horrible. Not one BCS team scheduled in 12'?!?  I thought we had some lousy games (i.e. Stoney Brook, FAU, WKU) ....at least AD Wollard schedules 2 BCS teams per year. I know many have criticized our schedule but we did have FSU and UM this year, UF & UM in 10' and Notre Dame & UM in 11'. Does their AD really think these games are going to draw in that expanded stadium? Looking at Rutgers makes me realize Wollard does a pretty good job.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i think our schedule got such a bad perception is because we had 3 terrible teams to start off.  if we would of played FSU in our 2nd game instead of our 4th game and had a Big East team in our first 3 games then no one would of said anything.

If we had Wofford, FSU, Cuse, WKU, Cincy, Charleston Southern....then no one would of said anything

rutgers is taking on UF's philosophy with scheduling - do the absolute bare minimum required to get wins on your schedule.

over time they are hoping the benefit of the however many 9 or 10 win seasons outweights the poor strength of schedule. i think it's just backfiring on them though, since at least UF still would play FSU in the 90's and Miami a few times this decade, not to mention winning their SEC conf games as well.

i like our future series with michigan state, ball state, and i believe indiana as well. i like the idea of getting USF in big stadiums around the entire eastern side of the country. id also like to see a series with either texas tech or texas a&m.

rutgers is taking on UF's philosophy with scheduling - do the absolute bare minimum required to get wins on your schedule.

over time they are hoping the benefit of the however many 9 or 10 win seasons outweights the poor strength of schedule. i think it's just backfiring on them though, since at least UF still would play FSU in the 90's and Miami a few times this decade, not to mention winning their SEC conf games as well.

i like our future series with michigan state, ball state, and i believe indiana as well. i like the idea of getting USF in big stadiums around the entire eastern side of the country. id also like to see a series with either texas tech or texas a&m.

It's about the home games ... Rutgers has 7 at home in 2009 and 2010... in 2011 they have 6 in their stadium and 1 in Yankee Stadium...

Believe me, USF would love to have 7 home games (like we do in 2010).  But to get home games when you can't pay $750,000 to $1 million the mid-majors are getting these days is very difficult.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Rutgers isn't good enough and our conference isn't deep enough to schedule like UF. If it were up to the Gators they wouldn't even be playing FSU, especially not in Tally. Someone actually had to make it a law or something like that.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I hate the Gators as much as anyone else, but they are smart to schedule the way they do.  UF can schedule creampuffs for wins for 2 reasons:

1. they have a butt load of $$$ and can pay for them to come

2. they play some of the toughest teams in college football

USF gets ragged on so much because we play in the Big East.  If we were SEC it would be a non-issue.

• Content Count:  1,757

i think our schedule got such a bad perception is because we had 3 terrible teams to start off.  if we would of played FSU in our 2nd game instead of our 4th game and had a Big East team in our first 3 games then no one would of said anything.

If we had Wofford, FSU, Cuse, WKU, Cincy, Charleston Southern....then no one would of said anything

X2

• Content Count:  178

As long as we are complaining about schedules,why are we playing 2 games at Florida and none here? I thought we were through playing the money games. We have home and aways with FSU & Miami.

http://www.southfloridabulls.com/FutureSchedules.htm

• Content Count:  12,293

As long as we are complaining about schedules,why are we playing 2 games at Florida and none here? I thought we were through playing the money games. We have home and aways with FSU & Miami.

http://www.southfloridabulls.com/FutureSchedules.htm

i dont have a problem with going to gainsville for 2 games and not getting a return game.

we need to play those guys.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

That deal with Florida was hatched years ago...

I would have to guess 2005 or around there...

Gee I am getting old it was 2002

Games were supposed to have been played in 2008 and 2009...

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/10/02/Sports/Bulls__Gators_agree_t.shtml

Archived