• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Love Bobby Bowden.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

he owned up to loss

and i respect him for that

but he really needs to be replaced

He doesn't do anything really with coaching in my opinion. Maybe with the occasional kick or go for it decision. But seriously, he is just a face for recruiting. Joe Pa is a better coach.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

The first 15 seconds of this should be played at every home game this year.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

They beat the heck outta us!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Wow, if I were a FSU fan, I would be pissed about this. It's like the anti "they are who we thought they were" rant. "Awe shucks, the beat the dickens out of us 'cause we just di-in think they was that good".

How can that be OK with the fans? So you're saying if you knew that we were good, you would have prepared better for the game?

I don't know, I would be ticked off if CJL ever said anything like that after a loss.

You got Bobby saying that we played well, and kicked the crap out of them, then Mickey Andrews throwing players under the USF convoy buses on their way back to Tampa.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No,

Bobby is saying he knew we were good. He just didn't know we were THAT good to physically manhandle is squad.

Last year UF beat them bad, but FSU didn't feel MANHANDLED.

That was an asz kicking of the highest order.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I have no doubt in my mind that if Bobby was still the "true" head coach making all the big decisions FSU would be successful. He needs to take back "his" team.

• Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

"Asked if some players underestimated USF BB said he is sure some did. Great effort by USF. Played and hit really hard. Their DEs could play for anybody. “I think they are the best team we’ve played so far.†"

Link: http://www.theterritory.org/phorum/read.php?5,42698,42698#msg-42698

Someone posted some notes after having lunch with BB on Sunday.

There is also some talk in there that Ponder was injured and missed practice leading up to our game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

I have no doubt in my mind that if Bobby was still the "true" head coach making all the big decisions FSU would be successful. He needs to take back "his" team.

not sure-- but I agree that he is not truly in charge of anything anymore

so when someone says he needs to go, I have to wonder what they are watching. What really changes other than you push out the guy who made your program into something people gave a crap about? THe coach in waiting idea is TERRIBLE-- I hope we never bother with this stupid concept. It divides the team-- no one knows who is the leader-- and for what? so you can lock in some guy you think should be the next head coach? That ignores the chance that other qualified coaches will be available to you in the near term.

I think this is Bowden's last season. I think he was holding out hope for one last big bowl victory or something. I admire what he did for FSU and I can see plenty of similarities with him and Leavitt (it would be great if CJL made that scenario more complete with a NC or two). At some point-- probably around 2005-- that should have been Bowden's last year coaching. Now CJL has a good 10-15 years minimum left in him if he wants to keep coaching. I personally hope he does that at USF-- and if he brings us glory of BE championships and possibly NC someday-- I think I can overlook a few seasons of mediocrity towards the end. The thing is-- Leavitt won't imo. He would either quit or move on. I hope this is his first and last college head coaching job though/

Archived