• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

From Fox sports

BJ 24 carries

All RBs 15 carries

can't play offense like that, thats why the offense struggled so much in second half

BJ got tired in the second half which is why he passed so poorly

Add in the fact that it is his first full game in what 2 years? He was a drop away from another big gain, and he was still making guys miss. But yeah, all of his second half passes were of his back foot with not much on them.

The way I saw it, a lot of that in the second half was due to blitzing. Especially on the 3rd downs, they were determined to get pressure and force the ball out of his hands, and for the most part, it worked.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

The Good

One of the best defensive performances I've seen from us in a LONG time.

The Bad

FSU scored once thanks to a good punt return

The Ugly

Bobby Bowden

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The Good:

Huge win

Defense all around

Delbert punting

BJ playing a relatively mistake free game for being his first start

The Bad:

Special Teams (except punting)

3rd down conversions

The Ugly:

Field Goal Kicking (you aren't watching USF if it isn't)

Having Lamar attempt to run out of our own end zone

• Content Count:  1,978

Our D!!

J.T. and that D!! DurIng the first to games the D was a little suspect. Look like tackling fundamentals were lost, but not so. The D was amazing, tackling was phenomenal.

I hope both Chris Rob. and Sab Joe are OK cuz they where amazing. Mckasical (sry for spelling), JPP, were and are beast. Lejiste, Nate the great, Murphy all laid the wood!!

Question how long can we hold on he JT. I mean one good year with us isn't he a head coach somewhere :(

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The defense was straight smacking fools. They did it for 4 quarters 60 minutes. I still gotta get used to this off coverage, but the hits never stopped.

JT is a career assistant so he needs one or two more good years for someone to seriously consider him a head coach. With Florida athletes he is on the fast track though.

The O.

Chico's play calling was exciting to watch. The shifting of reciever formations was very nice to see and seemed to confuse the D a bit. The routes also did a nice job of confusing a weak secondary. This was made very obvious on one of the TD passes.

BJ look poised. No happy feet, looked like he had been there for a while. I think watching Grothe boosted his confidence. He knows what it takes to be successful and knows he has it.

Is this the best set of recievers we have ever had!?!? I think I would put up our squad against anyone in the nation!! That grab by Love was sick!!

I need to give Chico another hard game before I rank his O coord skills not like Noles have a lights out D but they are fast. Initially though, I am happy.

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

The defense was sick.  The front 4 relentless and the LB's, especially Joseph were awesome.  That hit by Lejiste was incredible.  Cant say enough good things about the defense.  Even props to Delbert for the TD saving tackle on Reid.

Some growing pains...

Daniels needs to let go of the ball on the option. I know he excellent rushing but he was gassed and could of hurt himself in the second half. He does not need to put this team on his shoulders. Trust the RB to do there job. I think this will be corrected once they watch the film, so chaulk it up to inexperience.

Gotta call out Chico a bit. Lindsey Lamar deep in our Nzone is never a good idea. Especially not when you a Mike Ford who needs an amry to tackle him. I like Lindsey but you have to realize what kinda back he is and use him accordingly.

Misuse of Mike Ford. To my pleaseant surprise the Oline was opening nice holes in the running game. It is obvious that Mike Ford is our running back. He does not go down with an arm tackle and looked the best to me late in the game. He needs more touches. Now if he hasn't learned how to block or the play book by now, I am gonna have a heart to heart on campus with him lol. But he seemed to do well pickig up blocks in his limted action yesterday.

Besides Alvarado's nice punts....

Special teams all the way around. Nough said.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

End of half clock management.

Archived