• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chico: Bring back the old scheme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I wish he would bring back the fast hit offense that we used with Marquel at the helm. No huddle, no waiting, just quick hit, wear em down, in your face smash mouth football. If we were to institute this again, we will have FSU off balance and huffin it after the 1st quarter. We used to dominate teams with this, and no matter how they tried to defense this, they always ran out of gas. We need to stop this look it over, wait till there is 2 seconds on the play clock to run the play. Man the wheel worked before. Why try to re invent it!    Reaper

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

That is one thing i really really enjoyed about the marquel years... game was non stop action.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

Wait for FSU  ;)

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I wish he would bring back the fast hit offense that we used with Marquel at the helm. No huddle, no waiting, just quick hit, wear em down, in your face smash mouth football. If we were to institute this again, we will have FSU off balance and huffin it after the 1st quarter. We used to dominate teams with this, and no matter how they tried to defense this, they always ran out of gas. We need to stop this look it over, wait till there is 2 seconds on the play clock to run the play. Man the wheel worked before. Why try to re invent it!     Reaper

You mean kind of how Cincy stomped in Rutgers face last week?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

Not trying to be a hater, but there are times when the no huddle comes back to bite you.  For instance, your D is on the field for a long time, gives up a TD and then you come back and go 3 and out in 30 seconds and put the D back out on the field.  Wouldn't mind seeing it at appropriate times.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Chico's offense sucked the last time he was here. Sorry but I wanted the guy run out of town and I'm a green and gold glasses type guy. I'm going to reserve judgement on his offense now until later in the season. Our previous offense was MB running for his life and creating plays himself. THere was no rhyme or reason. Chico's offense left our defense on the field way too long.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Chico's offense sucked the last time he was here.

In fairness, he didn't have anywhere near the talent to run the offense the way he does now. I've liked what I have seen so far and he hasn't opened the playbook all the way.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Chico's offense sucked the last time he was here.

In fairness, he didn't have anywhere near the talent to run the offense the way he does now. I've liked what I have seen so far and he hasn't opened the playbook all the way.

Every time I hear that I chuckle. We were playing competition that was no where near the level of our competition now, well except for Charlston Southern and Western Kentuky...

WE WERE COMPETING AGAINST EQUAL TALENT. THE OFFENSE SUCKED.

Like I said, I am withholding judgement this time around. I hope the guy learned something while he was gone but Arizona's offense was terrible when he ran it.

Mike's been a loyal member of this staff but feels it's time to make a move," Stoops said in a statement. "It's not a secret that we've had some difficulty in the past couple of years on offense and I agree that the direction of our program will best be served by a change."

Not exactly a big bear hug as Canales vacates the premises.

Canales, Stoops' offensive coordinator for all three of his years in Tucson, is the fall guy for an offense that completed its regular season ranked 110th nationally in rushing, 93rd in passing, 115th in total offense and 105th in scoring.

That's out of 119 teams.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I wish he would bring back the fast hit offense that we used with Marquel at the helm. No huddle, no waiting, just quick hit, wear em down, in your face smash mouth football. If we were to institute this again, we will have FSU off balance and huffin it after the 1st quarter. We used to dominate teams with this, and no matter how they tried to defense this, they always ran out of gas. We need to stop this look it over, wait till there is 2 seconds on the play clock to run the play. Man the wheel worked before. Why try to re invent it!     Reaper

That was Mike Hobbie's offense.

And the clock rules have changed quite a bit since then. I doubt USF would be able to get off 65 passes in a game like MB did in Pittsburgh.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

our offense seems ok but we dont throw ball in endzone nearly enough

we dont use slants or crossing patterns enough(i know mitchel had 2 last week)

mb years were a different time that offense has no place now

we looked as out of sync as d sometimes in no huddle

Archived