• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chico: Bring back the old scheme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

our offense seems ok but we dont throw ball in endzone nearly enough

we dont use slants or crossing patterns enough(i know mitchel had 2 last week)

mb years were a different time that offense has no place now

we looked as out of sync as d sometimes in no huddle

Yeah but we have 5 rushing td's so no need yet to have to pass for td's they will later in the year though.

I agree I would like to see more crossing patterns Lamar will be deadly there when he can really open up his speed

Either way he is better than Gregory at his best.

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Jamie, you are absolutely correct. It was MH offense. My bad, good call. I still think it would work well against the tougher teams. When we did it, teams just couldn't keep up. (I remember Bowling Green game) Sloburban Oscar Meyer just couldn't keep his big boys going!! BobBowden gosh almighty's boys will be a huffin and a puffin in the D'OHK if we do this.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We do still run the no huddle, by the way.  We ran it at least once this past weekend.  We won't do it often against the Western Kentucky's or Wofford's so we don't score too many points, and we don't want to so much.  I expect we'll see it from time to time starting with FSU. 

But, for the reasons mentioned above, it isn't a good idea to go no huddle all the time against a quality opponent. 

Can you imagine lining up against Florida, running the no huddle, three incompletions in a row and give the ball back to Tim Tebow and Company after only running of 15-20 secs?  That would be a disaster scenario.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Wait for FSU  ;)

Yes the Offense you've see the first two games and the what you are going to see this week is not going to be what you see for FSU and the rest of the season.

Archived