• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg's Blog: Leavitt on Alvarado: 'Who do I go to?'

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I would pull Alverado from FG's only. Keep him everywhere else.

New guy kicks in Charls So. and plan on going for it the rest of the season, for the most part.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I agree with ET

Keep Delbert on Kick-offs, PATs, and obviously punting, but try someone else at kicker.

I have a buddy that says that any half decent soccer kicker should be able to make 19-20 field goals from 30 yards in. I can't believe that we haven't been able to pull someone that can do this. This guy wasn't a college athlete, HS soccer player and he "says" he is money from inside of 30 yards.

Obviously Delbert is missing longer FGs than that, but he has missed the short ones too.

I feel bad for DA, and CJL on this one. If you pull DA and he is the best you have, he loses even more confidence and won't be good for the rest of the year. Have we tried out some of our receivers? If Chad Ochocinco can kick, maybe one of our receivers can as well...

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

hmmmm...no backup kickers??  What happens when Alverado gets creamed on a merry go round or on the field?

Alvarado is the backup kicker.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

What happens when Alverado gets creamed on a merry go round

inappropriate, but very LULz-worthy.

let's try to keep our kickers on solid ground... no rollercoasters, merry-go-rounds or swings, please.

oh yeah, and no rapping until the season is over.

Guest Scherdin

Alvarado seems to be able to make the extra points, so the rule should be 25 yards or less DA can try and kick the field goal.  Anything longer than that, we go for it on 4th or pooch punt with Grothe. 

Can't be any worse than what it is...it's sad we have to resort to these conditions!

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Ahh - on one of those trys it was from 49 yards = that is long even for NFL standards.  He does need to keep it accurate from 40 and shorter otherwise get someone that can.  Over 40 oh well

• Content Count:  971

Don't count on Delberado's leg; reply on the arm and feet of Grothe.  Grothe can pooch punt as well.  GB!

PS.  I wonder if anyone knows how to drop kick (old school), so the other team won't know if we're attempting a FG or a punt? 

• Content Count:  42

Anyone want to bet alvardao costs us at least one game this year?????????????????

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Anyone want to bet alvardao costs us at least one game this year?????????????????

I'll bet he saves at least 2 or 3 due to his awesome punting.  He is a beast when it comes to his chosen role.

Remember, he is a punter first, and was brought here only to punt.  We just don't have kickers so he has been seen as our best 2nd option.  His kickoffs were great.  Punts are awesome (he is top 20 in the ncaa last year).  Just needs to get better on field goals since we don't have a placeckicker.  But he didn't come here to be a PK.

It would be like your boss asking you to do a different job, one you didn't go to school for, were not trained in, and hadn't done before.  You'd probably say no, or at least do so reluctantly.  The guy has been put in a difficult position. 

It is not his fault, but we should have recruited better for that position.  WIth 85 scholly's, I'd have at least two decent punters and kickers at any given time.   I put this one on the coaches. 

Archived