• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Concern after Monday's game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I think with these remaining games before FSU, they are trying out stuff to see if it sticks. I agree that the "good play" is not revealed yet. They are just trying to stay healthy and then let r rip! (At least I hope so!!! :o) Reaper

• Content Count:  1,985

this whole 'don't tip your hand' thing is pure bs, imho.

we should be running our normal offence so the players get comfortable with it in game situations.

I agree, if we have special plays that is one thing, if we can play fast and beat an opponent downt the line, let's get those timing routes perfect, play at full speed.

• Content Count:  1,777

I will admit both Miami and FSU look extremely athletic,  on offense. But I am not sure if both teams have good to great offenses with poor defenses. There were times in the game with neither defense stepped up. Although offense is exciting defense wins games and championships.

The next couple of weeks will prove whether it was great offense or just poor defenses.

Either way USF will need to step up their level play. I am not sure if USF can play at that level.

• Content Count:  3,648
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think we should be over concerned. We have good athletes also. However, our team is young. I think our offense did mostly what was asked of them. Short passes completed at a high percentage. Running at about 5 yards a carry against a good I-AA school playing tough offense. Basically the 1st quarter was 2 drives. 7-7. Besides one drive and one big play our defense held their own.

Even if we can't hang with Cincy, FSU and Miami, that is what 3 losses. We go 9-3 and 6-1 in conference?!? I haven't seen anything out of Pitt, UWV, Louisville, Rutgers, SU or UConn that really scares me. I really think if our offensive line continues to gel and get better we may be looking at a 9-3 or 10-2 season, likely winning or sharing the Big East title.

• Content Count:  809

i just wish people would stop comparing this to the Auburn game.

This is COMPLETELY different. Auburn wasn't fearing USF one bit when they placed them on their schedule. When week 1 rolled around, Auburn still wasn't fearing USF. Then the Auburn game rolled around, Auburn STILL wasn't fearing USF. They weren't prepared for USF, and the better team came out on top.

FSU and Miami are aware of USF, unlike Auburn.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

What is a concern is physicality from the front 7. Wofford was punking them for 2 quarters.

They also ran the ball virtually every play. Even subtracting out the punter's -50 yards rushing, they only averaged around 4 YPC, which isn't bad.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

For the game, they ran it 49 times for 219 yds a 4.47 ypc clip. Subtract the punters -16 that is 48 times for 235, 4.9 ypc. Remember in the second half we shut them down.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=292480058&autoRefresh=0&action=stats

I don't know about you, but in my football watching world 4.9 ypc gets your team crushed. 4.5 you still lose.

Ask Ray Rice what those ypc can do for you.

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

I will admit both Miami and FSU look extremely athletic,  on offense. But I am not sure if both teams have good to great offenses with poor defenses. There were times in the game with neither defense stepped up. Although offense is exciting defense wins games and championships.

The next couple of weeks will prove whether it was great offense or just poor defenses.

Either way USF will need to step up their level play. I am not sure if USF can play at that level.

That Miami D line is as good or better then ours and FSU has a 1st round draft pick DB.

Archived