• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After watching College Football on Labor Day...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  407
  • Days Won:  0

Syracuse could beat RU...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right right, and of course miami was supposed to lose to top 20 FSU today, byu was supposed to lose against OU, Pitt was supposed to lose to #10 USF last year... and the list goes on

im going into these games with my head up hoping for an upset

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Maybe I missed something but I didnt think either team looked terribly impressive, they put up alot of points but I am pretty sure we will too if we get our WRs lining up against LBs and other awesome defensive looks (maybe Miami's corner can win all year with the strategy of wave your arms and scream without any idea where the ball is but i doubt it).

• Content Count:  557

Have you guys already forgotten last season? Rutgers was terrible to start the year! They lost 5 of their first 6 to the likes of Fresno State, Navy, and got SMOKED by UNC. They happened to end the season winning 7 straight. Who was one of those last 7? That would be us.... at home.

• Content Count:  574

Neither team had any pass rush at all. Both QB's had all day back there.  That will not be the case vs USF assuming our D-line is healthy.  Selvie is arguably the best pass rusher in the nation. And he has some serious talent on the opposite side of him this year too.

This game reminded me a lot of the USF/Kansas game last year.  I think we can play with both of these teams.  

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Neither UM or FSU is going to play at that high of a level vs USF thats how teams play in rivalry games and we are neither

teams rival.

I like our chances vs both teams if we bring our A game.

• Content Count:  260

First and foremost great opening weekend of football for USF, but we have a long way to go. Watching that Cincy vs RU game today, it was what I expected, even though Cincy lost most of their defense Pike and Gilyard and their Offense is more ready for a game like that then Rutgers with new QB and receivers for the most part. However that freshman QB Savage Rutgers played to end the game showed me some things and I don't doubt they'll tighten things up. I'd rather play Rutgers early, but we don't have them I believe until November. That 5 wide spread Cincy is running will be a big test for us and our defense. Hope our pass rushers and Selvie are in for a big game in that one because the key to beating Cincy will be to get on them early and often!

Onto UM and FSU. First and foremost helluva game to watch both look like they've made significant improvements. The defenses though looked a little shaky, but at the same time I got to side with the announcers and agree that Ponder and Harris are two very talented QB's. The thing though I like is if we can get our pass rushers going, and Selvie running we got a shot against them, because you gotta hit Ponder and Harris or they will pick you apart. Both teams didn't really get to the quarterback much, and UM seemed to play a zone all night and let FSU have the short routes. Our DB's are going to need to stay on their game because both teams have Big, Fast and quality receivers and backs. But we have the same type of playmakers Canales just needs to find ways like Whipple for UM did tonight at getting matchups favoring the canes. Anyways what are everyones thoughts on how we will matchup with the likes of the Noles and Canes? I like are chances in Tally in a few weeks, and I like the fact we get Canes at home only thing that kinda scares me is that they will have time to solve there defensive problems by then and be even tougher after going thru there tough schedule. All in all interesting games to watch today, and I'm just thrilled to have Football back and the Green and Gold with new hope for a new season! Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Maybe someone needs to tell Bobby that both teams looked like world beaters-

"That was probably the worst pass-rush game in the history of college football," Bowden said.

"The kid had all day long to stand back there and throw."

If you give a kid all day to throw and then add in terrible match ups to go with it every QB is going to look like they can put up 50pts a game, lets see what either kid can do when someone actually tries playing defense.

• Content Count:  4,738

both teams looked fast....

but terrible kick coverage

terrible pass rushes

plenty of open long pass plays

they were both beatable

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

My favorite part was the camera was on Bobby all night and he was doing nothing.  Finally, during the last 10 seconds he walked over to Jimbo and made a call or suggestion to Jimbo when Ponder was near the sideline.  Wow, talk about a back seat driver.  

Both teams played at a high level because of the crowd and the rivalry.  FSU could have a down game coming off a travel week to BYU and then playing us.  But I was impressed by both teams speed.

Archived