• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three Deep Released!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I think we'll see the true depth chart at FSU.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

agreed, first 3 games will help prove the real-time game awareness and such, but it looks pretty good.

about delbert, he's still a good punter, and kickoffs aren't that hard to do. In the first 3 games, we might see someone else try a few kickoffs or FGs, esp if we are way up late in the game.

one thing i did notice is that 2010 could be an even better year for USF. our entire roster is FULL of sophomores and juniors, and we'll lose some skill positions, but if our depth proves to be true this year, we'll be good in the trenches next year, allowing BJ/Evan some good protection. Even our many receivers aren't gonna be thin. I'm stoked that the depth is finally there and in a few years we can start saying 'reload' instead of 'rebuild' :D

• Content Count:  1,266

j murphy is third string???

uhhhh  nope

NB    3    Jerome Murphy    6-1    190    Sr.    38/12/0    Pick a spot and he could line up there in the secondary

4    Tyson Butler    5-11    184    So.    11/0/0    Ready and able to move into a starting role if opportunity opens

6    Kayvon Webster    5-11    181    Fr.    0/0/0    True-freshman that is loaded with elite level talent

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

kicker- delb

punter- delb

ko- delb

not coolllllllllllllllllll.......

heavy work load. It may cost us. I wish we could atleast hand off the kick off duties.

• Content Count:  3,403

First glaring omission:  Donte Spires.  What happened to him?  Is Lanaris back to full speed and really making a push and that's why he's right behind Kion Wilson?  I figured next year J Williams and Joseph would be outside and Barrington would take the middle.  I wonder if Barrington will stay at WILL.  Major questions at LB.  I do like Williams backing up Joseph because the former is better at coverage and the latter is better at run defense (if I'm remembering quotes correctly).  That way on 3rd downs we can get Williams in there with the nickel defense.

Daniel Bryant would have played.  He was ahead of Alcin and Erskin, right?  Edit:  Upon further review, I forgot Landi.  Even if Bryant was 8th, the 8th most catches last season for a USF WR was Alcin with only 2.  Patrick Richardson was 7th with only 7 catches.  Only 6 WRs really got a significant amount of catches (Marcus Edwards with 19 was 6th, a good amount behind the top 5).

Lindsey Lamar is listed ahead of Aston Samuels.  That's interesting.

We have a backup K, P, and Long Snapper...but no backup at KR or PR?  I hope Theo Wilson is awesome but I would have liked to see some other guys listed.  I was always very curious how Patrick Richardson was working on PR.  He's not even on the 2-deep at WR right now.  I hope Lindsey Lamar returns punts.  He's probably 1 of the 2 fastest players on our team (Hopkins, disappointed he's not playing this year it would seem) and he sounds like he is elusive.

If Victor Marc is behind Mistral Raymond at FS, then I think he's redshirting this year.  I don't see Nate Allen coming out much, especially since he's not on special teams.  If Marc does redshirt, then he could be a 4 year starter.

I'm very curious to see if Giddins and Forte play.  Perhaps Harris and Marshall were moved inside so that 1 or both of those 2 could play, and not just because we're playing Wofford.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

agreed, first 3 games will help prove the real-time game awareness and such, but it looks pretty good.

Agree

• Content Count:  3,403

Lot of news in this release that people are missing...

• Content Count:  4,016

SJ Green was the last one in 2003...

Not sure if any started in 2001-2002 or not...

Hold on, that's not entirely true.  SJ Green was the last one to start from the first game.  We've had lots of true freshmen that have started their inaugeral season like Danny Verpaele, Estenor, Delbert Alvarado, Bonani, Jamar Taylor, Mike Ford, Aaron Harris, Johnny Peyton, Jackie Chambers, Jesse Hester, and I believe Taurus Johnson, and Ben Moffitt, I believe Clebert was pressed to start as a freshman too.

This is not including the JUCO's and transfers that have started immediately upon their arrival like Andre Hall, Kion Wilson, Amarri Jackson, Devon Gordon, Ean Randolph, Marshall, McKenzie...

When you include SJ Green in that company you can see that's a talented group of athletes, and very productive.  If Kayvon Webster, sterling Griffin, Lindsey Lamar, and Barrington can have that impact it would be huge.

Archived