• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three Deep Released!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

kicker- delb

punter- delb

ko- delb

not coolllllllllllllllllll.......

It's been almost a year since we've seen him suck up Kick's.  Lets wait until the season to count him out as average.  And he's atleast not a bad punter, and he does hold the record for the longest made FG.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

So Giddons at 3rd String. Is that because he hasn't had enough practice from the NCAA clearinghouse hold up? Or is it he may not be as good as we thought he was? The infamous practice with the "language" incident comes to mind where he was getting handled by an O lineman.

My guess is that he isn't nearly as strong as JPP being 2 years behind in development. I remember a quote from CJL about how he looked great early on, but had dropped off a bit. It's all conditioning and strength training now.

I think he will be fine, but apparently JPP has looked great.

It's also possible that they are still considering a RS for Giddens if JPP can prove that he is ready in a game-time situation. We could see another BJ Daniels type wrist injury after the first game where Giddens gets to play on Saturday, but still redshirt for medical reasons.

LOL, are you implying that BJ had a fake injury?

I am implying that he conveniently got to play in the first game (and I think NC State), then didn't play again, then about 6 weeks later, we hear that he was going to redshirt, then people asked how since he had already played, then we heard that there was a wrist injury...then he went on to play hoops.

I don't know for sure, he probably had a minor wrist sprain, but it the RS hadn't been there, and we needed him, he probably could have played through it.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

So Giddons at 3rd String. Is that because he hasn't had enough practice from the NCAA clearinghouse hold up? Or is it he may not be as good as we thought he was? The infamous practice with the "language" incident comes to mind where he was getting handled by an O lineman.

Huh? ::)  Not as good as we thought he was?  He was never handled by an OL, and he's every bit as talented as it seems.  Why not sit back and wait a bit before placing labels on a true freshman.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

LOGJAM: There are four players - David Bedford, Craig Marshall, Jason Pierre-Paul and Ryne Giddins - vying for the starting defensive end spot opposite Selvie.

"That thing's getting battled out still," Leavitt said. "I think that's still a question mark. Bedford probably is in a position to start only because he has had such a great camp and been so steady."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/sep/02/bulls-honor-dorsey-during-2009-season/sports/

• Content Count:  4,016

thanks mama...sometimes people read a bit to much into blogs, and coach's quotes.

Ryne Giddins is doing just fine despite Mcmurphy's attempts to deride.

• Content Count:  1,757

Thats an amazing group just vying for a starting position

David Bedford, Craig Marshall, Jason Pierre-Paul and Ryne Giddins

Archived