• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pay more for Green & Gold Room Access

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Reality is that the university is facing rising costs just as much as anyone else.  When I lived in Tampa, I always enjoyed the access when I had it, more for hearing the coach talk than the food and drink.

• Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

$2500 donor level now plus $100 is a gift USF is giving you to have access to something like the Green & Gold Room, any other university of our size whether the team was any good or not would probably require double or more the donation level to have that kind of privilege..........So quit complaining, if you want to complain about something complain about the people are still only donating $100/yr to sit in $1000/yr sections in football until that gets cleaned up the athletic department is gonna have a tough time continuing to increase their campaign.

• Content Count:  4,016

yea but basketball doesnt equal football.

so you cant compare the two.

and it was moes.  not like it was a real nice spread.

sometimes i feel like this board is 10 people who know what they are talking about and then 4,000 blind mice.

Are you serious?  WHo in the heck do you think are the blind mice?  The folks that think USF should do everything for free, put out marketing as great as every school, and you'll be happy.  Or the folks that realize there are constraints and we need to make things happen.

Also, don't use "Moe's" as a cope out either.  They've put a lot of good spreads out from the Columbia, and other areas that cost.  I also suppose the free beer, wine, and drinks doesn't cost a thing either hey?

I am a big donor and think it makes sense.  My only gripe is I hate it in the darn volleyball court, and I hate how many people crowd it. 

JJ, take Sheriff's advise, if you like it pay for it, if not don't.  Real simple, and those complaining who don't donate enough to get auto access stop complaining.

• Content Count:  12,293

yea but basketball doesnt equal football.

so you cant compare the two.

and it was moes.  not like it was a real nice spread.

sometimes i feel like this board is 10 people who know what they are talking about and then 4,000 blind mice.

Are you serious?  WHo in the heck do you think are the blind mice?  The folks that think USF should do everything for free, put out marketing as great as every school, and you'll be happy.  Or the folks that realize there are constraints and we need to make things happen.

Also, don't use "Moe's" as a cope out either.  They've put a lot of good spreads out from the Columbia, and other areas that cost.  I also suppose the free beer, wine, and drinks doesn't cost a thing either hey?

I am a big donor and think it makes sense.  My only gripe is I hate it in the darn volleyball court, and I hate how many people crowd it. 

JJ, take Sheriff's advise, if you like it pay for it, if not don't.   Real simple, and those complaining who don't donate enough to get auto access stop complaining.

yea the blind mice statement was an exaggeration.  it is just frustrating that EVERY time anyone questions USF's actions about ANYTHING around here they are attacked.  this whole 'USF can do no wrong' sentiment gets annoying. 

south-florida-flip, i wasn't referring to you specifically and it wasn't just about this post.

and Jewbull, you are right.  it is still a good value.  just hard to swallow basketball raising fees for anything. 

i have only been there once is right.  i am not a donor for basketball.  i am a donor for the football program.  i do try and go to 4-5 basketball games a year though.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Matt, I do see your point about the raise of price for something basketball related. They could have easily just raised the ticket prices of those who have club access, but they are now giving people the option, which I think is a wise idea.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

JJ, take Sheriff's advise, if you like it pay for it, if not don't.   Real simple, and those complaining who don't donate enough to get auto access stop complaining.

I'm not getting into this thread since I'm not a basketball fan or a donor but from what I have heard from numerous buds of mine that work at the Sundome, Columbia donates a lot of that food to USF...

Regarding Moe's... I love that place I'd rather pay the extra money for it then Columbia.

:2cents

• Content Count:  12,293

the gonzmarts are one of the biggest donors to usf athletics so i wouldnt be surprised if they gave some food too.

• Content Count:  3,574

Darn :(

It sucks that I wasn't able to experience the Green and Gold room when it was free for Scholar Bulls.

Living out of state sucks!!

• Content Count:  809

Do they always use the corral now?

I remember growing up as a kid, going to all the games, and going downstairs to the Green Jacket room, where EVERYONE wore their green blazers.

I thought it was the coolest thing, and felt special that I was a little kid, hanging out in what to me, seemed like a really prestigious room (i was like 7 at the time).

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

So the economy continues to hit USF. I just got a letter stating that there will be a charge of $100 per person to access the Green & Gold room during basketball games for the season. The room which is open to anyone at the Scholar Bull level or higher provides free food and beverages (well was free) before each home game. The letter said they picked the pay option over raising the donor level requirement to Silver Bull. So I get that over 15 home games it is a nominal cost but is it really a benefit now if it is an additional cost? I probably get to 10 games a year and with 4 tickets...not sure it is worth it. Also, I have 4 tickets for when my kids are older so I often - but not always give 2 or 3 away to every game. I'm just curious as to other people's thoughts not about my situation but in USF's decision on this from both those that have access and those that don't. I'm not really bothered by it but I might not do it. My donation is a huge stretch for me and to pony up another $400 which is more then I would otherwise spend on food just might not be worth it. Of course - 3 months from now I will be on here giving away tix with Green and Gold room access  ;D

stop being so cheap

i would make it 500 to keep riff raff out

Archived