• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't You Love TheBullsPen.com? / State of the Board Address

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Could we charge certain posters $0.01 per post? 

You'ld have no issues with paying the bills then.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I appreciate the kind words and support. 

Just added three donors to the rolls:  Orlando Bull, BullyPulpit and Bullshutter.  Thanks guys.  We're at $56 recurring monthly.  We're just about covering the current VPS costs but still a way from the future server costs.  I appreciate the early donors.

Also, for those on the donor rolls, you have that notation next to your name.  If you have not already visited the Thank You page, please do.  I have a little gift for all donors.

Thank you,

Bulliever and the rest of the USFBullsPen online community, present and future.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I just clicked on the link and made a donation.

For those who are concerned about a monthly recurring expense, you can do a "one-time" donation and consider doing that annually.

I am sure Brad would appreciate any help he can get.  I know I really enjoy having this site available and hope he can turn it into a profitable venture some day.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I just signed up for a recurring donation and I'm as cheap as they come... if I can do it then y'all can do it too.  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

I just signed up for a recurring donation and I'm as cheap as they come... if I can do it then y'all can do it too.  ;D

Hernando County Donor Bulls ROCK!  We will build something special way up here, Dixie!  First, the watch parties that you e-mailed me about (and if anyone is up this way and wants to know about it, PM Dixie or me), next, some events.  Pinellas chapter is an inspiration to all of us.  Our @sses may be way up in Hernando County, but our hearts are at USF!

Folks, you are responding great!  Paypal is such an easy way to go and you can donate on a recurring basis just a little, if you wish.  With so many members, we can cover the cost of the upgraded system.  Just a little from each...

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hernando County Donor Bulls ROCK!  We will build something special way up here, Dixie!  First, the watch parties that you e-mailed me about (and if anyone is up this way and wants to know about it, PM Dixie or me), next, some events.  Pinellas chapter is an inspiration to all of us.  Our @sses may be way up in Hernando County, but our hearts are at USF!

Folks, you are responding great!  Paypal is such an easy way to go and you can donate on a recurring basis just a little, if you wish.  With so many members, we can cover the cost of the upgraded system.  Just a little from each...

Yeee-Ha! Hernando is burning down the bridge...

Dad, Thanks for the kind words... if we can achieve half of what Pinellas and the rest of y'all have done then we'd be pretty good off. I have something up my sleeve, the Watch Party is only half of it.

Regarding the donations... Lets Get-R-Done Bulls Fans / Bullspen'ers  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Wow that's awesome of you guys! I think this proves that our committed membership is a willing resource, and I also think it speaks to the great job Brad and Co. do with this site (and have done for years). I'm really happy we're now taking a lot of the financial burden upon ourselves... hopefully we will ultimately be a completely member/donor financed operation (not including the owners/time donors)!

Don't let this post discourage anyone else who decides now to donate - write it on here loud and proud! (PS where's my fellow Dade peeps? haha)

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I have updated the donor list to include all donors in 2009 whether it is a monthly recurring or a one-time donation, whether it was $1 or $1,000,000.

We are currently at $72 in monthly recurring donations which fully covers our current costs of $69 for the VPS server we are leaving.  As stated we are in the midst of making a move.  Ideally it would be to a managed Linux server appropriately equipped at $199 month.  I don't wish to be a beggar, but I thought I would lend perspective to the donor drive.

Also, one member inquired about being a site sponsor which would mean advertising space on the board for that member's business.  That is another option and a way to help out that may interest other Bulls.

I'd like to thank those that have added their names to the donor rolls and invite others to join in support of TheBullsPen.  Most importantly, thanks for your sincere interest in helping as well as your continued participation on the site.  It's a member-driven site and I'm glad we have members that help drive the board to better performance and a wider reach for all Bulls fans.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

It's about time I stop freeloading.........I'm in!

Thanks Brad and Co. for running such a great site!

Archived