• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't You Love TheBullsPen.com? / State of the Board Address

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Good thing this popped up again...

I just signed up. :-)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad-

Just saw the membership post updated and wanted to see how things are developing on this front.

From your last update, we're still a little short to get to the new improved server where the Bulls news, notes, and nuggets descend from the heavens at record speeds.

Maybe if you can get over the required amount, we could get some new domain names that look more "work-related"

Speaking of which, can you post the link to the mobile site? I lost it when I upgraded phones and haven't had a chance to put it in the new phone.

The good news, OB, is that we can do this.  We just need the domains.

Since sexypoledancers.com is probably not what you were thinking, do you have any suggestions... ??

• Content Count:  2,719

I finally did it.  Thanks for the message board Brad.  I wish I could have lasted as long as you with bullsmania.com.

• Content Count:  4,642

done. whatever it takes to make sure this board never comes down - wtf else would i do at work?! haha j/k  GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Done, thanks Brad.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I have updated the donor list and want to thank those that recently joined.  Your generosity and participation in the financial end of running this board is greatly appreciated.

Here is where it stands.

I just ordered the new server.  It is $199/month, with 3 free months and a $99 setup fee.  I also save an additional $120 because I am an affiliate/existing customer.

So our expenses over the next 12 months come out to $147.50 for the server alone.  After 12 months it will be regular price of $199/month.

The best news is that we are moving to the new server over this weekend.  I will post another thread listing the plan so that all of you are aware of scheduled downtime, etc.

Again, thanks out donors for helping get us there, others are welcome to help as well.  Most of all thanks to all for their participation and involvement in making TheBullsPen.com a fun place to discuss our Bulls.

Our 10 year anniversary is August 31, 2009!

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I'm personally quite thrilled that the BullsPen community stepped up as much as it did. My post wasn't anything special, just sort of a reminder call for folks to donate. I think community members were quite willing to donate, and just needed a little nudge to make it happen. It is heartening to see that Bulls fans have come to appreciate this website so much that they're willing to open their wallets in tough economic times to help keep it going. We've truly got the "Cadillac" of message boards, thanks to our Mods and volunteers such as Bulliever and those he has mentioned. Hopefully, as TheBullsPen grows with our fanbase and alumni numbers, community support will grow and in turn will support growth of the site. Keep up the great work everyone! GO BULLS!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Indeed.

And just before the move MaltLiquorBull added his name to the list of donors.  Welcome!

We're on the new server now...been about 12 hours.  My thanks to all of you that are contributing to the board as well as all of those that participate on it making it not only the largest and oldest USF Bulls message board, but a great mechanism for bringing on more Bulls fans.

We will continue to make this the board that Bulls fans want to be a part of.  We listen to your suggestions and act.  I plan to initiate some advertising again this season, but word of mouth is the best way to grow the online fan base.  Please, tell a friend about TheBullsPen.com

Thank you,

Brad

• Content Count:  1,142

More work appropriate domain name?  What about www.sexypoledancers.com?     :D

btw, made that up, don't know if it is a real web site or not but I don't think I'd click on the link.   ;)

Uhhh, hello?  That's MY website!!! ;)  How do you think I got my name and how Mutt and I met?

• 2 months later...

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

BUMP

I just thought since we have a lot of new board members, it might be good to bring this topic back to the front for a day so perhaps some of our membership who may not know the costs of running this site could see the info. I know we're still a little under donating the full cost of running this site per month, as a board membership base, and thought perhaps a gentle midseason reminder while the board was in full swing may bring in a few extra donors. ;) hope it helps! thanks again guys, as heated as well all get sometimes, I love this board!!!!

- Faza

Archived