• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Think we could be favored at FSU...?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

You're probably right, but I hope we are both 3-0, with FSU heavily favored.  That would help us the most, win or lose.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

I think fsu will come in 2-1 and usf will come in 3-0 and fsu will be favored by 11 points or so

• Content Count:  335

No way we are ranked due to schedule and no way we are favored either.

• Content Count:  12,293

No way we are ranked due to schedule and no way we are favored either.

it depends on where we open up in the first poll.  if we are among some of the top teams "also receiving votes" then we could slip into the #23-25 spot if some of the other teams lose 1 of their first 3 games.

obviously playing the teams we are playing we arent going to win over many voters but we can slide in by default.

Only if those "others recieving votes" teams are also losing.  Just think our early competition won't allow it.  Those teams won't be ranked (at least not Western Kentucky) and the others are both 1AA so just don't think its possible.  Unless like the prior post said we are beating those teams by crazy lopsided scores.  And Leavitt is not a coach that would run things up on an overmatched team (unless its UCF or a team that talked any smack beforehand i.e. NC State).  Would love to be wrong but doesn't seem realistic.

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Only if those "others recieving votes" teams are also losing.  Just think our early competition won't allow it.  Those teams won't be ranked (at least not Western Kentucky) and the others are both 1AA so just don't think its possible.  Unless like the prior post said we are beating those teams by crazy lopsided scores.  And Leavitt is not a coach that would run things up on an overmatched team (unless its UCF or a team that talked any smack beforehand i.e. NC State).  Would love to be wrong but doesn't seem realistic.

I agree with that. But what smack did NC State talk before the game?

• Content Count:  1,387

I agree with that. But what smack did NC State talk before the game?

This is the only smack I can remember.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/article824603.ece

And that was enough.  Leavitt and Wally put it on them.  Also one of our better offensive performances.  USF came out scoring early and often.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

You're probably right, but I hope we are both 3-0, with FSU heavily favored.  That would help us the most, win or lose.

I agree with you. Not saying that will happen but that is the best scenario for us, assuming we win.

Guest nybullsfan

not sure I agree.

I think CJL might finally start running up the 1-AA scores to help boost the rankings.

In any event, seriously hoping both teams are 3-0 and that we are big underdogs.

We win in that case and we'll def be ranked aterwards.

Archived