• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Think we could be favored at FSU...?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

We should be 3- 0 based on our first few games.  They are weak teams, and if we are playing the way we should, all three should be wins.  But those wins won't help us get ranked.  I agree if both teams are 3 - 0 coming into this game, it would make for great tv on some station. FSU should be ranked, we won't be (or shouldn't be) based on our weak SOS starting out.

That being said, we could actually lose one of our early games or barely hang on based on the fact they will probably withhold  agressive play calling, and we always play down to the level of our competition (which is why we often lose by 3 - 5 points and at the end, because we blow a lead and cannot rally at the end.  Ie we often cannot finish.

I would not overlook any of our first three opponents.  We were second from last in the BE last year, so any team on any day could beat us.  I hope that is the message from CJL to the players.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Barring an apocalypse, we are going to be 3 - 0, admittingly against cupcakes.

FSU meanwhile has a 50-50 chance with Miami, and playing a high altitude game early in the season against a really, really good quarterback, FSU could be 1 - 2.

Hmmmm....

not a chance

We should be 3- 0 based on our first few games.  They are weak teams, and if we are playing the way we should, all three should be wins.  But those wins won't help us get ranked.  I agree if both teams are 3 - 0 coming into this game, it would make for great tv on some station. FSU should be ranked, we won't be (or shouldn't be) based on our weak SOS starting out.

That being said, we could actually lose one of our early games or barely hang on based on the fact they will probably withhold  agressive play calling, and we always play down to the level of our competition (which is why we often lose by 3 - 5 points and at the end, because we blow a lead and cannot rally at the end.  Ie we often cannot finish.

I would not overlook any of our first three opponents.  We were second from last in the BE last year, so any team on any day could beat us.  I hope that is the message from CJL to the players.

\

very accurate assessment

3-0 against such weak competition is nothing to brag about

usf not move into top 25 based on that record

so lets hope usf starts in top before playing a game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,478
  • Days Won:  13

Are you guys so sure that we will beat Western Kentucky?  I'm not so confident with us perhaps looking ahead to Florida State.

If we lost to WKU we should fire all the coaches on the spot and replace every scolarship player. Start all over and cut our losses. WKU was like 3-9 last year in the Sun Belt.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Are you guys so sure that we will beat Western Kentucky?  I'm not so confident with us perhaps looking ahead to Florida State.

If we lost to WKU we should fire all the coaches on the spot and replace every scolarship player. Start all over and cut our losses. WKU was like 3-9 last year in the Sun Belt.

some games and playcalling I have watched in the past has led me to believe we can lose to anyone any given day.   

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

some games and playcalling I have watched in the past has led me to believe we can lose to anyone any given day.   

Do you also have the feeling they could win any game any day ?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

We cannot look over any opponent.  That is how we used to win games 6 - 7 seasons ago, as people overlooked us.  But we are not a top 5 program (yet) so each and every opponent is important. 

If we lose to WKU, I wouldn't do anything with players but I would fine the coaches.  That would be pathetic. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  160

the original question was--- could USF be favored in the FSU game?

The simple answer is it might be possible but is more likely improbable. NOthing wrong with that as FSU gets credit for what they have done versus what we have done, the are the home team, and they are the more traditionally recognized team.

Whether or not we are favored will have nothing to do with what happens on that field.

Guest hm101

We're paying these teams GOOD money to come get their beating.  Now let's not be shy about taking what's ours!  In the past CJL has been like someone paying for an expensive buffet while on a diet.  Hell no!  You don't go to a buffet unless you're prepared to get your money's worth.  Buffets aren't set up for those who count calories and neither are games against schools like this.  You blow them out so bad that the pollsters have to wonder if it was on par with the way their higher ranked teams would've performed.  If we're only putting up 35 points on these small programs, do you really think the UFs, Southern Cal and Oklahoma's of the world would only do that?  Hell no, they'd pull out all the stops until they made sure they hung 50!

Pollsters are only going to see the score and unless you embarrass these teams, it's a LOSS in college football when the teams around you are blowing their weak opponents to kingdome come. 

If we utterly destroy these teams, put 60 points on three opponents in a row, they'll have a hard time not buying into the hype.  Bc bad teams don't put up 60 regardless of the opponent.

exactly. no need to play down. go all out.

Archived