• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kansas State transfer Anderson to visit USF

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Vega, anybody?

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Well this player just makes the point I was making over in the Gokhan Sirin thread. I don't like putting down young college players but Ron Anderson(JR) is not a player of need for us at this time or in the future. From what I understand he has post moves but is more of a finese player in the post and that scares me a little having him go up against the frontlines of the BEAST. Anderson(JR) is not a guy known for punishing the rim with gorilla slams like Gilchrist does....instead he attempts to trick his man with pump fakes and up-n-under  moves.

If he becomes the first player commited to our 2010 class then that is not the start I was hoping for and it was not a reason to keep Gokhan Sirin from being apart of the 2009 class. I would have been more excited if we would have picked up a PG or SF which fills positions of needs.

• Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

With the commitment of John Wall to UK Coach Cal will have to force out a few players to make room for his incoming class. Former ACD (Jacksonville) forward A.J. Stewart will likely be one of the players gone. He is in the 6'7-8 range an has alot of athleticism. Think Espinosa with some skills and a clue. If Stewart wants to come back to Fl it seems like USF is his best option, if we make ourselves an option of course. All I can say is I hope CSH gives him a call.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I recall we were looking at him before... so i could see that exact scenario playing out.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Anderson seems a bit soft to play PF like Heath would like. If a rangy kid like Espinosa thought that he'd be the better suited as the 2nd coming of Ginobli rather than Rodman, I don't think Anderson would be much better. If we can get a PF that can gobble up rebounds, defend the post, and really intimidate in the Big East, I'd like to see a schollie used. Otherwise, let's save them for next year and suck it up this year.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Anderson seems a bit soft to play PF like Heath would like. If a rangy kid like Espinosa thought that he'd be the better suited as the 2nd coming of Ginobli rather than Rodman, I don't think Anderson would be much better. If we can get a PF that can gobble up rebounds, defend the post, and really intimidate in the Big East, I'd like to see a schollie used. Otherwise, let's save them for next year and suck it up this year.

I agree... no to anderson... if Stewart shows interest... follow through there... else... hold the scholly.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

anyone have any info on how this visit went

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

He signed today!

:link