• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe's Future after USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

What do you think Grothe's gonna do after this season? Get drafted? Go to NFL at all? CFL? Done with football?

Think this season and his showing this season affect his future all that much?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

Obviously he isn't the prototype build for an NFL QB but with the success he has had throwing and running at a BCS level he will at least get a shot with someone as a free agent.

I personally feel Pat White going in the 2nd round was a joke.  The guy is a heck of an athlete but you think he projects higher as a receiver than others proven WR's in the draft...I don't think so.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Matt Grothe will enter the work force with a degree from USF. He will prob get a free agent contract, but that kid wont make a NFL roster.

Did you see some of the QB's that went undrafted this year?

Obviously he isn't the prototype build for an NFL QB but with the success he has had throwing and running at a BCS level he will at least get a shot with someone as a free agent.

I personally feel Pat White going in the 2nd round was a joke.  The guy is a heck of an athlete but you think he projects higher as a receiver than others proven WR's in the draft...I don't think so.

Pat White will be used by Miami in the "wildcat" kind of formation... or as Pittsburgh used Kordell Stewart... 5-10 snaps per game all over the field... could run... could throw... could be part of a trick play (halfback- or wr-option)... they even mentioned him returning kicks a-la the Music City Miracle play.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Pat White was drafted as a "wildcat/qb/wr". He can throw the ball a little, and run a little. My concern with him would be getting lit-up by a Patriot linebacker. We all know he can't take any pounding.

MG on the other hand, can throw, run, and take a shot. So, if the wildcat is still a viable part of the NFL after next year, I think he'll get a shot. 5th round or later.

• Content Count:  1,524

Grothe most likely get drafter, but i could see him making a roster as a free agent.

• Content Count:  2,484

I dont see him in the NFL as a QB or really as anything else unfortunately. I love the guy and enjoy watching him play but He isnt what the NFL is wanting in a qb

• Content Count:  1,829

Maybe free agent really depends what he does this coming year. The other thing I see him doing is maybe asst coach somewhere? He might be a good radio personality for the Bulls? I hope he does good things whatever he does. He has been good to us.

• Content Count:  5,241

CFL or work force

• Content Count:  971

Matt is alot like Favre, but some team has to give him a shot.  Hell, even Flutie played in the NFL for awhile.  Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if Matt got drafted, then said "No thanks guys, I'd rather join the B.A.S.S. pro tour".

Archived