• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

South Florida vs Central Florida-Football

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

You certainly can tell it is the off-season.

I don't hate UCiF's program; just a lot of their fans.

Rutgers?  Now I hate that program.  Why don't we just focus on beating them and let UCiF worry about UTEP or Tulsa or some of the other CDOA powerhouses?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

UCF lost to us 4 times. Fear has nothing to do with it. This is just our first year in 4 years of not playing them, and adding FSU to this years schedule definitely helped out, although FIU screwed us.

When UCF gets a lil more competitive, then we can pick up the game again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

No, I am not.  Wofford doesn't have the same animosity for USF as UCF.

I will say that I will sacrifice that game day atmosphere for the strategic direction chosen.

Very nicely put ...

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

There is nothing to gain from continually beating UCF. Look what happened last year, we dropped two spots in the polls. We feel the same way about UCF as UM feels about us....nothing to gain, lots to lose. The only difference is the UM game will become a rivalry because we have a legit shot at beating them, while UCF has no shot at beating us. Guys, we are in a BCS conference, and have been for several years now. Having a "rivalry" with UCF just brings us back to the C-DOA days. Time to focus on the bigger fish, and Im glad our AD and coach are thinking the same way.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Having a "rivalry" with UCF just brings us back to the C-DOA days.

And what were they in then?

• Content Count:  565

They were a 1-A Indy, if I'm not mistaken...

• Content Count:  88

I'll miss the games from a turnstiles and rivalry/fun atmosphere perspective. Full stadiums and top notch gamedays are what college football is about.

But the rivalry and those things aren't going to go away over the course of a couple years.

I think it's in UCF's best interests to build a more competitive (i.e. BCS) program before resuming this game. 0-4 (with a couple close ones) was too painful to watch as a fan, and I'm not sure that 0-8 is something I could stomach. A game when we're both BCS would be bigger and badder than any iteration we've seen thus far anyway.

Also agree that USF needs to concentrate on winning the BE. Your first BCS bowl appearance will be the launching pad for greater heights. Just need to get through a few more road games...

• Content Count:  714

I believe that they were in the MAC.

• Content Count:  219

I believe that they were in the MAC.

Wait, with the prestigious history their fans are always talking about I thought they were in the SEC before C-USA? I was never sure why they bothered to leave the SEC though, I guess this makes more sense...

• Content Count:  1,829

There is nothing to gain from continually beating UCF. Look what happened last year, we dropped two spots in the polls. We feel the same way about UCF as UM feels about us....nothing to gain, lots to lose. The only difference is the UM game will become a rivalry because we have a legit shot at beating them, while UCF has no shot at beating us. Guys, we are in a BCS conference, and have been for several years now. Having a "rivalry" with UCF just brings us back to the C-DOA days. Time to focus on the bigger fish, and Im glad our AD and coach are thinking the same way.

Agree.

Archived