• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heard a rumor that down the road, all football tickets will require a donation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

of course there are acceptions....i commend you for putting 4 kids through college and still enjoying the bulls.  i just had my first kid and hope i can put her through college in 18 years.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

if someone who was a season ticket holder from day 1 isn't in a position to donate more money now then its never going to happen.  this is my 3rd year being a season ticket holder.  if i cant donate more 9 years from now i will be mad at myself.

I strongly disagree with that. I am one of those day 1'rs who will shed obligations in the next several years and will be in a better position to contribute even more in the future. Getting four college educations out of the budget increases discretionary spending tremendously.

That is a great point and shows there are lots of scenarios that make this not a real black or white issue ....... but I'm sure there are some out there who COULD, financially, donate more but choose not to because of the "bargain" they think they're getting. People tend to lose sight of the fact that it's not like we're lining Woolard's or Genshaft's pockets with the donations. The money is going to help building the program to where we all want it to be.

just had my first kid and hope i can put her through college in 18 years.

Pre-paid college fund is a great starting point .... at least it was 15 years ago.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

mandatory donations from a program that hasnt won a thing

i wouldnt advise it

Mandatory for lower level, no donation for uppper level. 

WIthout donations, we will never win anything, period.   Not enough money to build a winning program without it.

thats not even close to being true...

we can win the conference without having mandatory donations...

• Content Count:  12,293

yep...ET is completely brainwashed with this whole donation thing.

the money helps but it isnt the only path to success.

to say "without donations, we will never win anything, period" is an ignorant statement.

but what would you expect from him.  you would think he is on the USF payroll the way he pushes donations.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

of course there are acceptions....i commend you for putting 4 kids through college and still enjoying the bulls.  i just had my first kid and hope i can put her through college in 18 years.

To be technically correct, one was my wife who is now a proud USF alum. The other is my 17 year old son whose education is now fully funded and he plans on going to USF, not because his parents did, but because he is a die hard Bulls football fan.

Good luck with your new daughter, her picture was really cute, and hopefully she will soon be sleeping through most of the night. You and mom must be feeling tired these days.

mandatory donations from a program that hasnt won a thing

i wouldnt advise it

Mandatory for lower level, no donation for uppper level. 

WIthout donations, we will never win anything, period.   Not enough money to build a winning program without it.

thats not even close to being true...

we can win the conference without having mandatory donations...

"We will never win anything" without donations is a tad over dramatic but if you think you can establish a winning program, ie upper level BCS, you are sadly mistaken if you think you can do it without solid financial backing from supporters.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with the Sheriff 110%

The University should keep sections 122-128 free of donations... most of us sit there because of they are free and if they require a donation then they will lose more season ticket holders then they will gain.

Plus from 13 years of Lightning season ticket experience the more expensive the seats the less rowdy the crowd...

I agree with the Sheriff 110%

The University should keep sections 122-128 free of donations... most of us sit there because of they are free and if they require a donation then they will lose more season ticket holders then they will gain.

You would give up your season tickets if you had to donate $100 a year??

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Depends on what is going on in my life... if I still have a job then maybe, if I don't then no... I was upset about a $15.00 print fee, and extra $100.00 on top of it would make it very hard to keep them.

2 seats = $300.00 + $100.00 = $400.00

When I have a kid or two I would like to have an extra seat for them... $500.00, $600.00?? I may keep my two and pay $100.00 bucks but it would be hard to justify the extra expense considering USF is giving VP's $10,000.00 bonuses left and right.

USF should not require donations for all sections... all that will accomplish is a jump in 300 level season ticket sales like with the Lightning when they raise their ticket prices. Hardly anyone sits in the lower bowl at the Forum anymore... everyone sits up top.

Archived