• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heard a rumor that down the road, all football tickets will require a donation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

We have a pretty lively crowd in 124 and 125... So, you guys sound like you replace potentially a more passionate fan base with the donation orientied corporate ninnies? Those two sections are definitely into a game more than the sitting on your hands wine and cheese crowd that surround you guys (and I see a lot of people on here complaining about those types at the game that make up a lot of the donation sections). Heck... I remember during my jackass years at USF how quiet a majority of the big wig donor crowd was at the basketball games. Just my two cents.

In the sections you are talking about I can't see the donation being more than the 100 or 200 dollar level which is quite manageable.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

If you sit in a section which requires a donation of say 100 dollars and the next year USF raises it to 500, do you have to pay the 500 or are you "grandfathered in" at the former requirement?  I have heard some say that they are but did not know if this was policy.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

mandatory donations from a program that hasnt won a thing

i wouldnt advise it

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

If you sit in a section which requires a donation of say 100 dollars and the next year USF raises it to 500, do you have to pay the 500 or are you "grandfathered in" at the former requirement?  I have heard some say that they are but did not know if this was policy.

You pay at the level you are at, so 100 would be the level.  If anything, they have introduced new levels. 

I think all lower level tix should require at least $100 donation annually.

mandatory donations from a program that hasnt won a thing

i wouldnt advise it

Mandatory for lower level, no donation for uppper level. 

WIthout donations, we will never win anything, period.  Not enough money to build a winning program without it.

• Content Count:  645

You are indeed grandfathered in as long as you keep up the donation (and I think the season tickets).  I would guess that if they did do mandatory donations for all seats, including the ones that are no donation, that they would grandfather in the current season ticket holder.  Like somebody else said, I believe that is several years away at least.

Then all bets are off once the OCS goes in! ;)

I currently buy six tickets, get back to one or two home games a year tops, and then give away the rest to Bulls fans that don't have the means to necessarily afford the game day experience. Considering my business profits are plummeting faster than most people's 401K's, a donation in the immediate future is definitely not in the cards. Personally, I don't like the idea of a donation for season tickets in the first place. College athletics are no different than pro sports with respect to the venue perspective. It's a money maker... at least the sports I goto (in most cases). If I were to have some extra beaver pellets to give to an organization, I want to dictate where my couple hundred beaver pellets go.

Alma mater or not, I still have approximately $38K in student loans to repay (which guarentees nothing in terms of job prospects). This takes priority over any donations right now. A lot of you on here are donors... besides the write off, and maybe the chubby you get from saying you throw $2,000 tacos to the University every year for tickets in a certain section (I actually prefer my section, 124 & 125, and would only rather be in the rowdier student section if I had a choice)... with the current economic times, still donating? Shifting sections? Lowering donations? Pretty honest thread. If they require a donation for my section, I would essentially give up my tickets. I can always find a way to get a ticket when I come into town (which is about to be less frequent).

My ticket purchases are essentially a donation anyways (I think I owe about $900 for this season's tickets). Just wondering what the donation will do to many of the season ticket holders in the yellow sections of Ray J? 

Just drop down from 6 tickets to 4, and use the extra money to donate $100 a year or so.

Better yet, find someone else who doesn't want to donate, and sell them two of your seats at a discount and use the proceeds to pay for the donation.

Plenty of ways to skin the cat.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

We have a pretty lively crowd in 124 and 125... So, you guys sound like you replace potentially a more passionate fan base with the donation orientied corporate ninnies? Those two sections are definitely into a game more than the sitting on your hands wine and cheese crowd that surround you guys (and I see a lot of people on here complaining about those types at the game that make up a lot of the donation sections). Heck... I remember during my jackass years at USF how quiet a majority of the big wig donor crowd was at the basketball games. Just my two cents.

I'm not sure a donation level of only $100 will bring in corporate ninnies or a wine and cheese crowd. Wine and cheese crowds don't do endzones...

As much as we'd like it to be, passion alone is not the lifeblood of college athletic programs. Eventually, the lower bowl should be all donation but I don't think now is the time to move there .... unless the supply outweghs the demand for lower bowl season tix ... which i don't think is the case .... yet.

• Content Count:  7,890

You are indeed grandfathered in as long as you keep up the donation (and I think the season tickets).  I would guess that if they did do mandatory donations for all seats, including the ones that are no donation, that they would grandfather in the current season ticket holder.  Like somebody else said, I believe that is several years away at least.

Then all bets are off once the OCS goes in! ;)

My father in-law went through this. Here is the deal you are Grandfathered in as long as you dont change a thing. My father inlaw was in the 50 yr at a old donation level and then wanted to add two seats in that section. When he added those two seats he was no longer Grandfathered and had to start to pay the new donation level.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

There's a certain lizzard school north of us that pays a "per seat" deposit. At least we can get four.

Yes, when I tried to add one seat to my account they wanted the new donor level. I bought two seats accross the aisle in section 233 for way less than that.

Archived