• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heard a rumor that down the road, all football tickets will require a donation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I currently buy six tickets, get back to one or two home games a year tops, and then give away the rest to Bulls fans that don't have the means to necessarily afford the game day experience. Considering my business profits are plummeting faster than most people's 401K's, a donation in the immediate future is definitely not in the cards. Personally, I don't like the idea of a donation for season tickets in the first place. College athletics are no different than pro sports with respect to the venue perspective. It's a money maker... at least the sports I goto (in most cases). If I were to have some extra beaver pellets to give to an organization, I want to dictate where my couple hundred beaver pellets go.

Alma mater or not, I still have approximately $38K in student loans to repay (which guarentees nothing in terms of job prospects). This takes priority over any donations right now. A lot of you on here are donors... besides the write off, and maybe the chubby you get from saying you throw $2,000 tacos to the University every year for tickets in a certain section (I actually prefer my section, 124 & 125, and would only rather be in the rowdier student section if I had a choice)... with the current economic times, still donating? Shifting sections? Lowering donations? Pretty honest thread. If they require a donation for my section, I would essentially give up my tickets. I can always find a way to get a ticket when I come into town (which is about to be less frequent).

My ticket purchases are essentially a donation anyways (I think I owe about $900 for this season's tickets). Just wondering what the donation will do to many of the season ticket holders in the yellow sections of Ray J? 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Donations are currently at a min. of $100

I don't think there is anything of a timetable ... we're still building a strong base.

Where is there a min. donation of $100 ET? Am I missing something?

SBBJILYHJVMGSTA.20090302162507.jpg

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3680423

I'm referring to a min donation amount(Bullseye Level/Red), not required. Meaning it's not a major amount, if they hold that.

I think it's a good idea.

ZBALQOZTUUMALNT.20090224215656.jpg

• Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

I currently buy six tickets, get back to one or two home games a year tops, and then give away the rest to Bulls fans that don't have the means to necessarily afford the game day experience. Considering my business profits are plummeting faster than most people's 401K's, a donation in the immediate future is definitely not in the cards. Personally, I don't like the idea of a donation for season tickets in the first place. College athletics are no different than pro sports with respect to the venue perspective. It's a money maker... at least the sports I goto (in most cases). If I were to have some extra beaver pellets to give to an organization, I want to dictate where my couple hundred beaver pellets go.

Alma mater or not, I still have approximately $38K in student loans to repay (which guarentees nothing in terms of job prospects). This takes priority over any donations right now. A lot of you on here are donors... besides the write off, and maybe the chubby you get from saying you throw $2,000 tacos to the University every year for tickets in a certain section (I actually prefer my section, 124 & 125, and would only rather be in the rowdier student section if I had a choice)... with the current economic times, still donating? Shifting sections? Lowering donations? Pretty honest thread. If they require a donation for my section, I would essentially give up my tickets. I can always find a way to get a ticket when I come into town (which is about to be less frequent).

My ticket purchases are essentially a donation anyways (I think I owe about $900 for this season's tickets). Just wondering what the donation will do to many of the season ticket holders in the yellow sections of Ray J? 

I did the new alumni package in 2007, which was a great deal. Didn't get season tickets for 2008 as I dropped quite a bit of money on my wedding and didn't have the means to shell out that kind of dough, but I did end up buying individual tickets to 3 of the home games.

I think if anything, if you hit the Green Jacket level or higher, your tickets should be automatically included. I would honestly do the Green Jacket level in monthly installments if the tickets were included. Say you buy 4 season tickets in the Varsity (green jacket) section...you're looking at $736.00 on TOP OF the $1k you're donating. Why can't 2 season tickets be included in that donation (obviously not anymore than 2)?

The donations is tax deductible.

We need these donations to better our program.

• Content Count:  7,890

I'm surprised that this hasn’t been brought up sooner. I can’t see USF making upper level season ticket holders pay a donation but I can see all lower level seats requiring some kind of donation level.

I surprised that this hasn’t been brought up sooner. I can’t see USF making upper level season ticket holders pay a donation but I can see all lower level seats requiring some kind of donation level.

True ... think when they do this, it would be the way.

We have a pretty lively crowd in 124 and 125... So, you guys sound like you replace potentially a more passionate fan base with the donation orientied corporate ninnies? Those two sections are definitely into a game more than the sitting on your hands wine and cheese crowd that surround you guys (and I see a lot of people on here complaining about those types at the game that make up a lot of the donation sections). Heck... I remember during my jackass years at USF how quiet a majority of the big wig donor crowd was at the basketball games. Just my two cents.

• Content Count:  5,241

I think that mandatory donations are at the least 10 years away from happening. It probably wont be required until we consistently sell out ray jay

Archived