• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NFL Draft Combine

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I believe linebackers and wide receivers work out on Sunday and Monday. It's been a couple days since I checked, so it might be Saturday/Sunday, but I'm pretty sure it's Sunday/Monday

Sunday, Feb. 22   Group 4 (QB, WR), Group 5 (QB, WR), Group 6 (RB)

Monday, Feb. 23 Group 7 (DL), Group 8 (DL), Group 9 (LB)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

February 17, 2009

Only one Big East program has fewer than USF's two players -- that'd be Syracuse, with one. Cincinnati, fresh off a league title, leads the way with six, followed by Connecticut with four. Louisville, Pittsburgh, Rutgers and West Virginia all have three players each in Indianapolis.

Using the NFL.com database (which, oddly, didn't include Johnson), you also see that the Big East has the fewest combine participants of the six BCS conferences. The SEC has 46, the Big Ten has 39, Pac-10 has 38, ACC has 37 and Big 12 has 32. The next three most-represented leagues are Conference USA (14), the WAC (13), Mountain West (12). Then you see how much power is in the larger conferences -- after the MAC (6) and Southland (6), the rest of college football accounts for just 17 players.

Posted by Greg Auman at 11:05:25 AM on February 17, 2009 | Permalink | Comments (1)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

By my math there are a little better than 3 per team from the Big East and under three from the Big 12 teams.  Raw numbers throw this off a little since we only have 8 teams.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

By my math there are a little better than 3 per team from the Big East and under three from the Big 12 teams.  Raw numbers throw this off a little since we only have 8 teams.

keep in mind that the combine is only for players who have finished their senior year

• Content Count:  113

keep in mind that the combine is only for players who have finished their senior year

umm ok, stop and think about some of the players at the combine this year....wow

• Content Count:  10,219

Really? so stafford will not get to show his stuff!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

argh.jpg

• Content Count:  1,777

Taurus Johnson was identified as top performer in the bench press at the combine.

Name Reps

Foster, Brooks 27

Britt, Kenny 23

Orton, Greg 22

Lawrence, Quinten 20

Harvin, Percy 19

Johnson, Taurus 18

Barden, Ramses 17

Collie, Austin 17

Heyward-Bey, Darrius 16

Williams, Derrick 15

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers?tabIndex=1

• Content Count:  849

check your facts before you make statements like that

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Taurus Johnson was identified as top performer in the bench press at the combine.

Name Reps

Foster, Brooks 27

Britt, Kenny 23

Orton, Greg 22

Lawrence, Quinten 20

Harvin, Percy 19

Johnson, Taurus 18

Barden, Ramses 17

Collie, Austin 17

Heyward-Bey, Darrius 16

Williams, Derrick 15

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers?tabIndex=1

Taurus was expected to do about 18, so I'm glad he was able to achieve that at the combine.

Tyrone should also be among the top performers in the BP for LB's. He should do about 30 reps. Last spring he did 27. In the summer, Tyrone broke the all-time USF LB record with a BP of 425 pounds. So, after working out for the combine, he's probably able to lift more and do even more reps.

Archived