• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami to Bus to USF for game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

why is this such a shocker?  it makes sense.  even in a strong economy it would make sense to bus.  For one, there is more room on a bus than a plane, its cheaper, and total travel time is about the same.

think about it, if you fly to usf from coral gables what do you need to do?  load up the players on some buses and drive them to miami airport.  unpack ALL the equipment from the bus and load it on the plane.  have all the players and staff go thru security checks and then taxi on the runway and fly to TIA.  when you land you get to taxi around for 20 minutes or so, get off the plane, unload equipment and get onto another bus, then drive to hotel.

with the bus, you just load and unload once, drive straight from UM's campus to their team hotel on the same bus without having to get off and get back on.

The only big deal about it is that there were media reports and many on this board calling it small-time and bush-league when we bused down there in 2005.  It wasn't a big deal otherwise then or now.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I don't know about you... but that bus ride sucks. People talk about having more room? Bussing to Ray J sucked when I played (and that was like 20 minutes from campus). We had two busses if I recall correctly. And offensive bus and a defensive bus. We had some big boys on offense... so yes, that thing got cramped pretty quickly. I feel bad for Miami... that bus ride will suck!

• Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe they'll get off the bus in army fatigues.  ;D

• Content Count:  12,293

sheriff...last time i checked a bus had more room than a plane.  sure, a bus isn't spacious by anymeans but it still has more room than an airplane.

• Content Count:  356

I seem to recall our trip to Miami via bus being used as a quasi-recruiting/show of strength-type thing...bringing the USF motorcade past some of the bigger area high schools down there, creating a stir, etc.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I seem to recall our trip to Miami via bus being used as a quasi-recruiting/show of strength-type thing...bringing the USF motorcade past some of the bigger area high schools down there, creating a stir, etc.

It didnt work very well. With the three busses being led by several state troopers the high school kids thought the cops were playing 52 Pickup and they all scattered...

• Content Count:  565

have all the players and staff go thru security checks and then taxi on the runway and fly to TIA.

Especially when the players don't realize they have to all their guns and knives at home...

Guest nybullsfan

Rivals even held a roundtable on this.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=912473

Consensus seems to be, "Makes sense to take a bus, but why in the world are they even playing USF and UCF?"

Rivals still thinks we're not in the big 3 of Florida. More fuel for the fire, and hopefully it'll make the chip on the shoulder that much bigger this year.

Yes, please. Disrespect us some more.

Archived