• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dwayne Difton is now a....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, we're only losing Hester and Erskin after the 2009 season, so it's not urgent to get a WR.  Lamar Lindsey and Hopkins should be exciting, though, and Scruggs and Griffin are still in it.  Speaking of Hopkins, Griffin, and Webster...

look at this video (thanks to guy at scout that found it):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7yYvFw4Qd0l

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  622

Yeah, we're only losing Hester and Erskin after the 2009 season, so it's not urgent to get a WR.  Lamar Lindsey and Hopkins should be exciting, though, and Scruggs and Griffin are still in it.  Speaking of Hopkins, Griffin, and Webster...

look at this video (thanks to guy at scout that found it):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7yYvFw4Qd0l

Link didn't work, wb..

And Bradley Battles will probably be moved to a WR spot right? And then don't forget JUCO WR from Bradenton - Edgard Theliar.. I think he is gonna be very good.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think this is what he was trying to post

• Content Count:  1,238

scruggs picked his top 2 and we arent in it

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

scruggs picked his top 2 and we arent in it

Who is in his final two?

A few days ago, Greg Auman reported that his HS coach (Reynolds) said it was between USF and So Carolina:

Scruggs visited USF two weekends ago, then visited Mississippi last weekend, with visits scheduled for Illinois (where Ron Zook targets Jacksonville heavily) and South Carolina. "I think it's between South Florida and South Carolina," Reynolds said of his receiver's future. "I think he's leaning to South Florida, but he's not the only one making the decision."

• Content Count:  1,037

Hopkins looked like a natural at receiver on that TD play.

• Content Count:  3,403

Hopkins looked like a natural at receiver on that TD play.

yeah, that's the one.  I must have missed a letter or something in the copy and paste.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Didnt we have like 3 WR commit before the season now go elsewhere??

Good luck getting a good QB at Uconn to throw to him!

Yeah, we lost three WR's who gave us early verbals: Difton, Woods and Green. I'm not sure if that is mere coincidence.

Green decided to switch to Tenn after Kiffin was hired, so that is more understandable. The other two didn't decommit to go to a particular big name school. Woods ended up at UCF.

Considering how many WR's we are losing and that we only signed one last year, new WR's would seem to have ample opportunity to see early playing time, if they are capable. 

According to the Scout UCiF site Woods is not likely going to qualify along with several other UCiF recruits. Odd....I thought O'Liar told a bunch of boosters on the East Coast that UCiF doesn't recruit academic risks. So why are 4 of their recruits in danger of not qualifying.

• Content Count:  4,016

At least he decommitted early on, so I wish him well.

Does he have a northeast family connection? I know he was very high on BC at one point before they had a coaching change.

I was somewhat surprised he didn't schedule an official visit to USF, but maybe he just wanted to leave Florida completely.

He wouldn't have gotten an official visit opportunity.  The staff pretty much dropped him like a hot potato after he decomitted. 

That's because he was overrated to begin with...he was stupid to not keep our offer because it was the best he was going to get.  The kid is overrated by a long shot, why do you think it was so easy for Uconn to slide in all of a sudden and then land this 'four star' receiver like nothing.  Because no one wanted him, Purdue backed away, BC backed away, we backed away.  I question whether USM even wanted him.

To bad for Uconn because their recruiting class again is very mediocre-- Edsal is a great coach but awful recruiter.  I am sure their fans had hoped they landed a big time WR prospect but what they got was a lemon.

• Content Count:  1,037

Didnt we have like 3 WR commit before the season now go elsewhere??

Good luck getting a good QB at Uconn to throw to him!

Yeah, we lost three WR's who gave us early verbals: Difton, Woods and Green. I'm not sure if that is mere coincidence.

Green decided to switch to Tenn after Kiffin was hired, so that is more understandable. The other two didn't decommit to go to a particular big name school. Woods ended up at UCF.

Considering how many WR's we are losing and that we only signed one last year, new WR's would seem to have ample opportunity to see early playing time, if they are capable. 

According to the Scout UCiF site Woods is not likely going to qualify along with several other UCiF recruits. Odd....I thought O'Liar told a bunch of boosters on the East Coast that UCiF doesn't recruit academic risks. So why are 4 of their recruits in danger of not qualifying.

I know, doesn't UCiF have higher academic standards than we do?  ::)

Archived