• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dwayne Difton is now a....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

Huskie. As in Ucon Huskie.  As in we will play him every year for 4 years Huskie.

I liked him and still do but he decided to go somewhere else and thats fine. 

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigeast/0-3-115/UConn-lands-Florida-receiver.html

Mods: I placed this here since he was a former commit and not all of us interested in recruiting read the Big East board.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

At least he decommitted early on, so I wish him well.

Does he have a northeast family connection? I know he was very high on BC at one point before they had a coaching change.

I was somewhat surprised he didn't schedule an official visit to USF, but maybe he just wanted to leave Florida completely.

• Content Count:  5,241

Didnt we have like 3 WR commit before the season now go elsewhere??

Good luck getting a good QB at Uconn to throw to him!

Yeah, we lost three WR's who gave us early verbals: Difton, Woods and Green. I'm not sure if that is mere coincidence.

Green decided to switch to Tenn after Kiffin was hired, so that is more understandable. The other two didn't decommit to go to a particular big name school. Woods ended up at UCF.

Considering how many WR's we are losing and that we only signed one last year, new WR's would seem to have ample opportunity to see early playing time, if they are capable. 

Yeah, we lost three WR's who gave us early verbalsL: Difton, Woods and Green. I'm not sure if that is mere coincidence.

Green decided to switch to Tenn after Kiffin was hired, so that is more understandable. The other two didn't decommit to go to a particular big name school. Woods ended up at UCF.

Considering how many WR's we are losing and that we only signed one last year, new WR's would seem to have ample opportunity to see early playing time, if they are capable. 

Thats why we offered Hopkins. He was a sure thing while Scruggs and Griffin aren't.  Maybe the staff feels like the odds of landing either of them are low.

Could it be our style of play? 

Yeah, we lost three WR's who gave us early verbalsL: Difton, Woods and Green. I'm not sure if that is mere coincidence.

Thats why we offered Hopkins. He was a sure thing while Scruggs and Griffin aren't.  Maybe the staff feels like the odds of landing either of them are low.

Could it be our style of play? 

Hard to tell.

Our system gives many WR's the opportunity to play, but by the same token it doesn't allow any particular WR to really shine. That probably leads some "star" WR's to feel that they can be shown off better at other schools which play only a limited number of wideouts.

Also, Canales has made it known that he's been shopping around for head coaching positions the past two years and some WR's might very think he wont be staying here very long.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Does he have a northeast family connection? I know he was very high on BC at one point before they had a coaching change.

I was somewhat surprised he didn't schedule an official visit to USF, but maybe he just wanted to leave Florida completely.

He wouldn't have gotten an official visit opportunity.  The staff pretty much dropped him like a hot potato after he decomitted. 

He wouldn't have gotten an official visit opportunity.  The staff pretty much dropped him like a hot potato after he decomitted. 

OK. That's good to know.

• Content Count:  1,894

love, hester,mitchell,bogan,samuels,richardson,alcin,bryant...whose going to come and get time as a freshman?...I dont blame them..Were set at wr for right now, next year and the following will be an important wr year.

love, hester,mitchell,bogan,samuels,richardson,alcin,bryant...whose going to come and get time as a freshman?...I dont blame them..Were set at wr for right now, next year and the following will be an important wr year.

The WRs we are recruiting this year are not for next year.  Very likely they would be redshirted.

We only signed one WR last year so you would be crazy to think that the staff wouldn't want to sign more than one this year.  Your right we are good next year but what about the year after? Not so much.

Archived