• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

22000?

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

Are you being serious, or was that sarcasm?

The reason I say that is, we all know what sort of "win and I'll go" environ in which we find ourselves.

A disappointing season in an ESPN TimeSlot game against another CUSA team and not even a

road trip (for the local folk) out of the deal, and it's gonna be televised anyway?

I think 20K is good for this one...even if it's just tickets sold and not through the turnstile.

are you trying to claim that the game being here is HURTING the attendance? surely you dont believe that

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

I'm saying that the game BEING HERE is the only thing helping it.

Think there would be any traveling interest in this thing if it were outside of driving distance?

There are very legitimate reasons why we average 50K at RayJ, but this is right @ 22K

and it's only a few miles removed from the home field. 

:satan 

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think they were selling all 33K anyway.  They closed off the left field side, didnt they?

22K might actually be close to a sellout.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

I don't think they were selling all 33K anyway.  They closed off the left field side, didnt they?

Actually, Greg Auman mentioned in a previous article that the Dome could seat up to 44,000 for Football but obviously those extra sections were not needed for the game this year.

From his earlier bowl info article:

How can I get tickets, and what will they cost?

Tickets will cost $30, less than half of the Outback Bowl's $65. Fans can put their name on a list by calling toll-free 1-800-325-2910. No date has been set for tickets going on sale. Tropicana can seat 44,000 for a football game.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Actually, Greg Auman mentioned in a previous article that the Dome could seat up to 44,000 for Football but obviously those extra sections were not needed for the game this year.

From his earlier bowl info article:

How can I get tickets, and what will they cost?

Tickets will cost $30, less than half of the Outback Bowl's $65. Fans can put their name on a list by calling toll-free 1-800-325-2910. No date has been set for tickets going on sale. Tropicana can seat 44,000 for a football game.

Geeze KL, you know more about USF football than I do.

Where are your seats tomorrow?  I assume you'll have a blue shirt on?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's disappointing. Assuming 21000 are Bulls fans you're still not bringing the numbers a big bowl wants you to.

I don't expect us to compete with the big schools when bringing fans, but the game is on a Saturday and it's 15 miles from our home field.

If the Gator Bowl passes us up next year, this will be a big reason why.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

A sellout under the current configuration would be 33,000. The seats in left field, and on the third-base side in the outfield, are closed off for this game.

• Content Count:  1,757

Are we actually going to get 22K?  From what Greg wrote in his blog even that sounds like a stretch...

This would be a great bowl game if it were Big East vs. say Big Televen or maybe even the MAC.  CUSA just doesn't have the cold-weather states that guarantee a large snow-bird crowd.  How bad did Rutgers fans want to go to this game?  If it were me, I'd kill for any excuse to get out of New Jersey for a trip to Florida this time of year.  I think you'd pull a much bigger crowd from the likes of Iowa, Purdue, Wisconsin, Marshall etc...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Can you imagine the attendance of this bowl when USF or UCF are not playing in it?

toilet10.gif

Well, I got 8 tickets for USF vs Memphis.  To be honest I would have gotten 8 tickets for any other Big East team vs. any other CUSA team.  I was actually mildly excited to see Rutgers there before our meltdown.

Archived