• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Steve Spurrier was at the game...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Few people probably know this... however, I had the privilege of being in a suite tonight (much thanks for that to the suite owners)...

In the suite next to the one I was in... sat Steve Spurrier in a yellow shirt with a green vest.  Looked good.

He was there for most of the second half... didn't see when he ducked out.  And he rooted for the Bulls, too!

Now, I am not sure WHY he was there, other than he has his weekends free now...

If CJL ever leaves, I would love to have Spurrier on our sidelines... he may be the only person that could do a better job here.

However, Jim Leavitt deserves to be a coach at USF as long as he wants to be here.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it -- and tonight's game not withstanding.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

If he wants to lower his price  we can consider but until then we got no $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

hope he keeps coming we may give him a good game soon

or maybe he could slip on the headphones and call some offensive plays

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I dont think Leavitt is a bad coach, I just think he is a stubborn SOB.  It has been apparent for the past couple of seasons that this offensive scheme hasnt been working, but he is insistent on staying with it.  

And I have said this in the past, my biggest pet peeve is the #$%&*@!*%$'ing TIMEOUTS!!!!!!!!!!  

This coaching staffs throws away timeouts like yesterdays garbage.  Two games in a row, if we had reserved our timeouts against Army and S Miss, we could have had a chance to get the ball back and tie the game, and we would not have had to try onside kicks.  

I just dont understand how CJL doesnt learn from his mistakes, I mean IT WAS THE LAST FREAKING GAME WE PLAYED WE HAD THIS PROBLEM!!!  You would think he would try to conserve them.  The same thing happened in the UAB game last year, and it has happened several other times, my memory is just failing me now.  

And it is not like they were useful timeouts.  First blown timeout was when Army scored to make it 26-28, I dont think there was a person in the stands who thought they were going to kick the extra point, why would Leavitt?  And if he knew they were going to go for two, then he would have sent the right unit out on the field, so what was the reason for the T/O?  Was he trying to Ice the Running Back?

Then the 2nd blown T/O was on the punt, which was another unnecessary timeout.  

Can someone explain this to me?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Then the 2nd blown T/O was on the punt, which was another unnecessary timeout.  

Can someone explain this to me?

I can't speak for the 2pt converstion time out... but on this one, USF only had 10 players on the field.  Hard to stop a punt return when you have fewer players than the return team.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

It's been mentioned before by the media and I have seen it every weekend, Sat and Sun.   Time management is getting grossely negligent.  Timeouts, getting out of bounds, etc. have been very horrible this year.  It seems to be an epidemic.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Now, I am not sure WHY he was there, other than he has his weekends free now...

According to the Trib, his youngin' -  Scott (5'7-1/2", 165 lbs....a polite way of saying 5'6", 160 lbs)  - was considering a walk-on  at USF  (as well as ECU & Marshall) , so pop-n-son were eyeballing the Bulls.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Spurrier (yes, that Spurrier) watches USF

By GREG AUMAN, Times Staff Writer

Published October 17, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - It's the stuff rumors are made of, but Steve Spurrier was at Raymond James Stadium on Saturday only as a father.

His son, Scotty, a senior at Loudoun County High in Leesburg, Va., made a recruiting visit with his parents and could call USF home next fall.

"I hope he comes here," said the former Gators and Redskins coach who watched from a luxury box.

"Here's where he ought to be, even if it's as a walk-on. But he's going to make his own decision."

Scotty Spurrier, a 5-foot-8, 175-pound defensive back who scored a touchdown Friday, was a good-luck charm last weekend during a visit to East Carolina, which ended a nine-game losing streak with a win against Tulane.

In addition to USF, Spurrier is considering ECU, where former Gators quarterback Noah Brindise is the offensive coordinator, and Marshall, where coach Bob Pruett is a former defensive coordinator under Spurrier.

Jerri Spurrier talked before the game with USF assistant coach Carl Franks, a longtime Spurrier assistant who played under him with the USFL's Tampa Bay Bandits.

Her son likely won't make a decision until he visits Marshall, but Scotty said he's a huge USF fan and watches every game he can on DirecTV.

When inclement weather bumped Loudoun County's game to a Saturday earlier this season, Spurrier said he was upset he couldn't watch the Bulls live.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/17/Sports/Spurrier_yes__that_Sp.shtml

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

He probably told his son to pick a differnent school after the embarrasing loss to Army.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Spurrier (yes, that Spurrier) watches USF

Scotty Spurrier, a 5-foot-8, 175-pound defensive back who scored a touchdown Friday, was a good-luck charm last weekend during a visit to East Carolina, which ended a nine-game losing streak with a win against Tulane.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/17/Sports/Spurrier_yes__that_Sp.shtml

A few more articles in the paper and scotty spurrier will be 6'5 and run a 4.3 40