• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any shot at winning BE this year?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

My guess is we take Syracuse, UConn & Rutgers and drop Louisville, Cincy and West Virginia.  We can bounce back but our defensive backfield needs serious work and we need to broaden the spectrum of plays to our running back plays.  I actually saw some glimpse of that tonight, so that was a positive.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Louisville will TORCH the defense, UCONN will pound it up the middle. Id say another 4-3, maybe 5-2 if we right the ship so to speak.

Even before we lost tonight many of us were already penciling cincy in as a loss. Can this team win at west virginia again?

We could be looking at a 3-4 BE season.

• Content Count:  667

I am so tired of hearing about the "over pursuit of our defense."  You know what's amazing... the best defenses in the country pursue for 60 minutes and can shut down a crappy offense like that of Pitt's.   Seriously, every USF die hard knew what Pitt was going to do on offense after the first quarter was over.  Come on... screen passes, shuffle passes, and runs up the gut beat us tonight.  By the way - nice kick off Alvarado!!!

exactly.. which is why it was a bad PERSONNEL matchup.  the same crap happened to us last year against rutgers-- stud RB runs up the middle of our small defense, matt grothe gets hurried and cant make plays with bodies in his face.  a true sign of a PERSONNEL mismatch is when the other team knows exactly what you're about to do and you still do it anyways.

everyone talks about how the recruiting rankings dont mean jack.. well they DO.  personnel-wise, we got run over and by no means were we outcoached (IMO).  there was really nothing our coaching staff could have done.  we DONT have the horses to stop what was going on.

• Content Count:  1,777

My guess is we take Syracuse, UConn & Rutgers and drop Louisville, Cincy and West Virginia.  We can bounce back but our defensive backfield needs serious work and we need to broaden the spectrum of plays to our running back plays.  I actually saw some glimpse of that tonight, so that was a positive.

I think we only lose to Lousiville and West Virginia. Rutgers will be tough since we are stuggling against the pass. Both UConn and Cincy will be on their backup QBs when we play them.

• Content Count:  10,219

I am so tired of hearing about the "over pursuit of our defense."  You know what's amazing... the best defenses in the country pursue for 60 minutes and can shut down a crappy offense like that of Pitt's.   Seriously, every USF die hard knew what Pitt was going to do on offense after the first quarter was over.  Come on... screen passes, shuffle passes, and runs up the gut beat us tonight.  By the way - nice kick off Alvarado!!!

exactly.. which is why it was a bad PERSONNEL matchup.  the same crap happened to us last year against rutgers-- stud RB runs up the middle of our small defense, matt grothe gets hurried and cant make plays with bodies in his face.  a true sign of a PERSONNEL mismatch is when the other team knows exactly what you're about to do and you still do it anyways.

everyone talks about how the recruiting rankings dont mean jack.. well they DO.  personnel-wise, we got run over and by no means were we outcoached (IMO).  there was really nothing our coaching staff could have done.  we DONT have the horses to stop what was going on.

that is crap. how do you beat the blitz? slant passes or play action. did we do ANY of that?

this reminded me so much of the Oregon game...sad!

just when you start to believe! CJL throws sand in your face!

• Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

NONE.  Can you say St Pete Bowl?

At least it will be cheaper than El Paso.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Beginning tomorrow morning, every team in the Big East will implement the shovel-pass when playing us. 

Beginning tomorrow morning, every team in the Big East will implement the shovel-pass when playing us. 

Only if they watch game films of Kansas and Pitt  ;)

• Content Count:  377

NONE.

If you can't beat Pitt at home, you do not stand a chance.  Bowling Green ring a bell?

Cincy will beat us.

Probably UConn as well.

Sounds like a Smazza wannabee!

Archived