• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O.K. here it goes what kinda of bull are we!

What kind of bull are we?   

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  0

Those posters are from 2006 I think. So shouldn't we go with what the school is marketing? Which isn't a Brahman Bull... I think those Bulls in the poster look cool though, they look like a traditional Bull. Not as ugly as those you guys like. Also, I don't think people sit around and discuss the fierceness of different Bulls, nor do many care which we are. I like the sound of USF Bulls!

Those posters were printed by USF and given to thousands, I think I'll go with what they're doing.  If we were the Brahman Bulls, why didn't they have those on the poster?

Brahman Bulls have a history here in Florida. Not that they dredged Tampa but it at least is something related to old agricultural Florida.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

This is exactly what happens to the bulls after the running of the bulls so to have people run out of the tunnel like they are in the running of the bulls is stupid!

Six matadors fight the bulls. The first arrives in the center of the ring to a tremendous ovation. He is traditionally dressed, armed with sword length knives to thrust into the backs of the bulls. Suddenly, the bull is released and he charges the matador, who promptly olés the mighty toro. The bull charges two more times to no avail and rousing applause from the packed stands. Then, on the fourth charge, the matador strategically jams two knives into the back of the mighty beast. The knives are intended to slightly wound the bull and not kill him yet. The bull is to charge him two more times, both times with the same result, two knives in the back. Each one inflicting more damage in succession to the point where the bull can't move anymore and is just standing there motionless panting for life. The matador then approaches the bull head on with one sword and raising it with two hands, he surgically thrusts it into the back of the bulls' neck. The bull dies instantly, falling like a ton of bricks to the ground. The people go nuts like Spain just won the World Cup or something. I seriously almost threw up from the sheer savagery of the spectacle. But to add insult to injury, they then drive a small vehicle in and hogtie the dead bulls legs with a long rope and drag him across the ground and out of the stadium. This is again met with cheers and the matador is lauded with roses from the stands. I was disgusted by what I was witnessing and thought that it couldn't always be like this. However, after watching for another five bulls, I realized it was.

• Content Count:  1,027

I'll take the bull in BrahmanBulliever's sig FTW...bad @ss

...and Brahman cattle are more resistant to heat. Yep, sounds like our Bulls.

• Content Count:  416

Not mine but here they are, w/o size reduction. Whomever took the photos wasn't familliar with them and called them dromedary bulls.

dromedary_bull_portrait.jpg

This guy looks content to dine on cougar.

dromedarybull.jpg

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

I think Brahman Bulls is great as our mascot. Hopefully if we ever get one it will be this type of Bull since thats the history of our mascot.

Secondly I couldnt agree more with gainesvillebull, bullfighting while being a tradition in Spain and other countries was not something I would like to ever see again it was definetely cruel to watch.

Just for info, those knives on his back that are put in first serve to weaken and have the bulls put their necks down allowing the matador a clear path to the final blow.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,384
  • Days Won:  10

Brahmans it is.  See below...

Archived