• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O.K. here it goes what kinda of bull are we!

What kind of bull are we?   

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

The "Bull" was originally a Brahman, so that's what kind of Bull we are.  Back in the 80's there was a little convenient store on the first floor of Alpha hall across from the Argos cafeteria (yes, they sold beer)--the store was called the "Golden Brahman," so I'm convinced.

That being said...what the hell does it matter?  We're still the USF Bulls.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

The "Bull" was originally a Brahman, so that's what kind of Bull we are.  Back in the 80's there was a little convenient store on the first floor of Alpha hall across from the Argos cafeteria (yes, they sold beer)--the store was called the "Golden Brahman," so I'm convinced.

Dont forget The Brahman on 78th and 301 baby..................

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Dont forget The Brahman on 78th and 301 baby..................

He looks familiar.  I think I had a run-in with him back in my college days when I was out picking "shrooms."

;)

• Content Count:  4,642

what about the types of bulls that they use in Spain for bull fighting?

• Content Count:  720

where can I get a Brahma Battalion t-shirt.

I'll post a link to Zazzle or Cafe Press once I make the image large enough for shirts... give me about 2 weeks, should have it ready in time for the Cincy game  ;)

Just so the board knows I own an sign, screen printing, and embroidery business.  I'm hesitant to announce this as I usually stay very busy, but if there is something you guys want and order in quantity I'll be happy to help.  I'm a sign shop first and I don't do alot of high end screen printing just your usual couple colors front and back stuff because I just offer it to customers to keep them from going elsewhere.  Just thought some on here would like to know.

lmidesignz@yahoo.com

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

That's a Spanish Bull, the last one I think is of one being killed by a matador in Spain...

zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

Brahma's don't got time for pain, expect for the pain they dish out to chumps that get in their way - much more tough then a Spanish Bull...

L-9-968-brahma_bull_and_clown-Z000K.jpg

• Content Count:  2,307

Those posters are from 2006 I think. So shouldn't we go with what the school is marketing? Which isn't a Brahman Bull... I think those Bulls in the poster look cool though, they look like a traditional Bull. Not as ugly as those you guys like. Also, I don't think people sit around and discuss the fierceness of different Bulls, nor do many care which we are. I like the sound of USF Bulls!

Those posters were printed by USF and given to thousands, I think I'll go with what they're doing.  If we were the Brahman Bulls, why didn't they have those on the poster?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Brahma or another random type bull?

I say Brahma and where can I get a Brahma Battalion t-shirt.

2259060215_370d9b2bcd.jpg?v=0

what  a soulful looking creature

• Content Count:  2,461

A c0ck and Bull story

Even without a football team, students entered a contest to select a mascot for their young university during the fall of 1962. The two finalists were the "Buccaneer" and the "Golden Brahma." An October tally recognized the Buccaneer as the contest winner. However, some students remained bullish for the bull, prompting one member of the campus community to suggest a facetious compromise: a peg-legged bull with a patch over one eye. Indeed, students on the selection committee changed their minds once again in November when they christened USF as the home of the Golden Brahma.

But their plans for a mascot nearly flew the coop as representatives from the cattle industry immediately told students that they had committed a bovine blunder. Although the word "brahma" may refer to a bull or steer, it more commonly is used as the short name for Brahmaputra fowl, a breed of large chickens originally found in Asia.

Ultimately, the Golden Brahma(n)s simplified their name to the Bulls, a moniker that left no question as to its meaning.

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/History/allen_legacy.html

Archived