• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Tickets still available!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

All I see on this thread are excuses:

1.  I thought it was on a friday

2.  We're not media darlings, so students don't care

3.  I have my man-on-man ballroom dancing lessons that night

Bottom line is this:

South > North

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  0

one of my best friends from high school is greek now unfortunately and he was telling me how most of them are not even going to cause of the new tailgaiting policies. i went of on him and told him that was okay because we dont need fans that just go to the games to drink. Then a lot of my friends can miss classes because they have test. you have to understand most classes are having their first test this week. I know I will be there. But with none of my usual group of 11. Ill be there by myself because none can make it. sad. but that is our current truth. I feel so ashamed of our fanbase.

• Content Count:  1,625

Bottom line is this:

South > North

I didnt say I thought....I have a ticket and I didnt say students specifically don't care, its everyone. Why do you think no one went to the Kansas game? We were both top 25 teams and that game didnt sell out. How else are you going to explain it? I love going and I go no mmatetr what, but until the team wins a championship the locals won't show up. And the south endzone still sucks.  You guys only stand up when your going to the bathroom. I know I sat there for three years before I became a student

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Bottom line is this:

South > North

I didnt say I thought....I have a ticket and I didnt say students specifically don't care, its everyone. Why do you think no one went to the Kansas game? We were both top 25 teams and that game didnt sell out. How else are you going to explain it? I love going and I go no mmatetr what, but until the team wins a championship the locals won't show up. And the south endzone still sucks.  You guys only stand up when your going to the bathroom. I know I sat there for three years before I became a student

Then perhaps you should have visited during the Kansas game. Neither I, nor the people around me, and the people around them, sat anytime besides halftime.  ;)

• Content Count:  571

psteasy.... check your friggin' email.

i was making observations about the casual fan, not myself.

to say that theres ample marketing around campus to the casual fan about ticket request periods is far from the truth.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

At least we stand when we pee, unlike you ladies in the North who can't show up unless kegs and tv are on the agenda.

South owns North.

• Content Count:  26

Personally, I think a lot of the issue is that students are having a serious time understanding all the changing ticketing policies. It changes every single game. Many people get turned off by this and the fact that they think they won't get a lower level ticket just because they have not attended many other sporting events. I too am upset that we have not even come close to selling out our student section, you can buy up to 8 companion tickets for the Pitt game, that's pretty sad! I have shared all my ideas with athletics along with several other students and they just don't listen to us at all. I guess all I can say is Oh Well, I got my 100 level ticket and will be in the front row as usual!!!

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't buy the changing policies.

Lets put it like this. 2 years ago we had about 6000 students inseats at games. Last year, we had  a shade over 5000 for UNC...then we shot up the rankings.

Kansas was a good win, but they're not the type of win that Auburn and WVU were for interest.

Simply put it's gonnatake time for our students to be completely sold on USF football.

• Content Count:  2,118

students won't show up in numbers unless we keep winning. i'll be there regardless of the outcomes.

• Content Count:  242

Personally, I think a lot of the issue is that students are having a serious time understanding all the changing ticketing policies. It changes every single game. Many people get turned off by this and the fact that they think they won't get a lower level ticket just because they have not attended many other sporting events. I too am upset that we have not even come close to selling out our student section, you can buy up to 8 companion tickets for the Pitt game, that's pretty sad! I have shared all my ideas with athletics along with several other students and they just don't listen to us at all. I guess all I can say is Oh Well, I got my 100 level ticket and will be in the front row as usual!!!

GO BULLS!!

I'm sure that will look great on tv and to the bowl reps

one of my best friends from high school is greek now unfortunately and he was telling me how most of them are not even going to cause of the new tailgaiting policies. i went of on him and told him that was okay because we dont need fans that just go to the games to drink. Then a lot of my friends can miss classes because they have test. you have to understand most classes are having their first test this week. I know I will be there. But with none of my usual group of 11. Ill be there by myself because none can make it. sad. but that is our current truth. I feel so ashamed of our fanbase.

Not much to say about that..... i guess football is secondary to drinking...  where is society headed

Also many people are still Florda or FSU or Miami fans for whatever reason. I see FL stickers on campus all the time and it pisses me off

those same ppl will brag that they went to usf when it all got started from a success standpoint.... will they tell their children that they were sporting a gator sticker on their car when they were a "bull"

All I see on this thread are excuses

That is all I heard for the Kansas game and all year what I have heard for Rays games......sad... you know what they say about excuses.. and its true

Archived