• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Polls -- Coaches: #10 (Tied With Georgia) | AP -- #10 | Harris -- #12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

I thought we should be inside the top10, maybe 8 or 9.

USC should be behind us, and definitely behind GA. Since when is losing to an unranked team better than losing to #2??? Voters will never get a clue.

BYU should also be behind us. Like MikeG said, they haven't played anyone! Their marquee win is over UCLA. How is that better thna a win against Kansas?

We need to take care of business and enjoy more weekends of upsets like this. We control our own destiny for now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,403

They aren't going to move us too far, too fast.  We made them look stupid last year when we promptly lost 3 in a row after they ranked us #2.

Very good point.

That shouldn't matter now.

• Content Count:  1,241

im pulling out my hair over this byu thing, they beat NO ONE, their best win is over a 1-3 ucla team, they should have lost to washington

this is pathetic, i hate the way the news cycles work, i dont think there is anyone who can say they are the 7th best team in the country OR have the 7th best resume, the only reason they are up there is because before the season started the media and coaches decided that byu would be this years bcs buster, so they vote them into the top 20, and raise them up every time they beat a ****** team, this is driving me nuts

we have a quality win, our win over ncstate is better than ANY of their wins.. hell UCF is better than most of the teams theyve played, and all of this is without even mentioning that whole KANSAS game

great to see our guys back in the top 10 though, lets hope we stay there this time, the big east is counting on us

and we absolutely need uconn to win all of their games before they come to tampa, thats our only chance at another big win to jump some people

the funny thing is, BYU would get killed by cincy, louisville, and even west virginia this year, yet beating those 3 teams wont get us any credit this year

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

If we win out, we should be alright.  I think of the undefeated teams, Penn State looks most likely to make the NC game.  I'm hoping that Kansas can beat a couple of the Big 12 teams - actually I'm hoping they win the Big 12.  SEC should take care of itself.

scott

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

They aren't going to move us too far, too fast.  We made them look stupid last year when we promptly lost 3 in a row after they ranked us #2.

Very good point.

But it does.  They vote as much on the past as they do on the present.

• Content Count:  3,403

Very good point.

But it does.  They vote as much on the past as they do on the present.

I guess that's how BYU gets credit for doing NOTHING this year.  They used to have good QBs in the 80s.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

I really don't waste time worrying ... a very good Auburn team went udefeated with this system and didn't get a chance at the title.

• Content Count:  1,524

I knew USC wouldnt drop out of the top 10. Complete BS. BYU? Please....we should be ahead of them.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We can't worry about how the pollsters select their picks.  I thought we would probably be ranked exactly where we are, which is fine.  We just have to keep winning our games.  We have no control over the other teams' rankings.  As long as we keep moving up as we have been, all is well with my world. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118

10 is perfect!! None of this fly to number 2 crap too early. If we win out evrything else will take care of itself. There aren't going to be all those undefeated teams at year's end.

Archived