• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Polls -- Coaches: #10 (Tied With Georgia) | AP -- #10 | Harris -- #12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  0

Just keep winning and let the rankings take care of themselves.  GO BULLS!!!  >:D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726

We'll be ahead of USC in the AP.  No doubt.

Maybe even T.Tech or BYU.  

That poll is less biased.  

I'll take #10 in the Coaches though.  

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  157

First USC at 9 is a joke. Playing three games and losing 1 they should be closer to UF, the UF drop looks right. Second UGA tied with us at 10? I would agree if UGA had blown out all their opponents and lost this game to a very good Bama. But they didn't, they played two cupcakes, barley got by South Carolina (really were given that game by them) and played an unimpressive ASU in a weak PAC 10.

As long as we keep winning I hope this works out. But the bad is with USC ahead of us and having nothing by a weak PAC 10 and ND left they can run the table like us and end up ahead of us. Same with UGA but I believe they have another loss in them. I think BYU and TX Tech lose at some point and the Big 10 will beat each other up taking out Joe Pa and company as will OK and Mizzou.

We have to keep winning to have a chance but it's going to be hard. We need style point against these "weak" big east team.

Go Bulls

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Remember, the coaches are always a little behind. Probably didn't get to see our game, someone told them we won, and they based our ranking on all of the other losses. They usually catch up in a week. Also, since we play on Thursday this week, if we have a good showing, they will like us next week.

• Content Count:  849

Jeez, BYU is number 7 and they have only 2 remaining tough games and they aren't all that tough to begin with, against Utah and TCU....if they run the table, could they sneak in to the title game? I would be sick to my stomach if they did

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Jeez, BYU is number 7 and they have only 2 remaining tough games and they aren't all that tough to begin with, against Utah and TCU....if they run the table, could they sneak in to the title game? I would be sick to my stomach if they did

I agree, Im more perplexed by them ahead of us as opposed to USC.  USC atleast has a top 25 victory.  BYU's best victory is a beat up of a bad BCS team (UCLA), no different than our demolation of NC St.  We atleast have a top 25 victory though.  The fact that we have to play catchup to them is just wrong. 

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

All coaches know is that we have been playing I-A football for under a decade...that means we're not that good, or we have to do extra proving that we deserve ranking, or whatever.  Stupid.  Evaluate teams based upon how they are NOW...not what they HAVE BEEN.

If that were the case, we'd be #7.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

But don't worry... UGA has another loss in them somewhere.

I think they still have to play LSU and Auburn, so they could lose at least 1 of those.

I figured UGA would be ahead of us at #9. It's a joke that USC only fell 8 spots. Hopefully the AP doesn't see things the same way.

• Content Count:  4,738

shouldn't be any surprise that the Coaches are clueless.

maybe the AP will bring some sanity to voting and the coaches will adjust next week.

• Content Count:  849

But don't worry... UGA has another loss in them somewhere.

I think they still have to play LSU and Auburn, so they could lose at least 1 of those.

I figured UGA would be ahead of us at #9. It's a joke that USC only fell 8 spots. Hopefully the AP doesn't see things the same way.

The media coverage of USC seemed harsh after their loss to Oregon State, so I assume they will drop a few more spots.....I think #9 is a fair ranking. They trounced the #5 team in the country two weeks ago. They also lost to a decent unranked conference opponent on the road Thursday night and fell 8 spots...people seem to forget that we fell 8 spots when did the same thing last year. Its fair.

UF on the other hand seems to always get the benefit of the doubt in the media's eyes. I think UF should have dropped more than 9 spots in the Coach's poll considering they lost to an unranked opponent that hasn't won a conference game since 2006 at home.

Archived