• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Except for a Bullying run through our Big East Schedule...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I agree with 8va....tuck em in and have some pride in appearance as well as score.  It does make a difference in how we're perceived (see: latest Coaches poll).  ???

Please tell me you don't really believe that!

Why not?  I'm certainly not saying we tuck our shirts in and immediately rise in the polls, but being ranked below BYU and USC and tied with UG in the Coaches' poll is at least partly due to their perception that we're a young program that needs to take its knocks and prove ourselves (which does make some sense).  Every little bit of raising that perception to be more professional might help, and looking the part doesn't hurt.

Just a little detail...but why not?  I don't think anyone is claiming playing with the jerseys untucked helps our playing, right?...why not tuck them in like most top-tier schools?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

YES, tuck them in!

• Content Count:  3,899

Really? We're getting shafted on votes because not all of our players had their jerseys tucked in? Really?? I guess Leavitt should start giving players laps for costing us votes with their jerseys out  ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,385
  • Days Won:  10

Did someone copy and paste this thread from the UCF board?

• Content Count:  407
  • Days Won:  0

Since you can longer complain about the team not performing well, were gonna complain about tucking in the jerseys?

whats next? are you gonna complain about if they wear there hair up under the helmet or down?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I don't understand all this talk about how the uniforms look. Is this football or Project Runway?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

I don't understand all this talk about how the uniforms look. Is this football or Project Runway?

We have a very ... how should I put this ..... diverse fan base.

This isn't that much different than arguing about white or green pants...and it matters just about as much.  Of course you're right--what we wear is inconsequential compared to whether or not we win.  It's just a tiny detail.  In the end, the polls will reflect our win-loss and SOS; no doubt.  I won't argue that this whole issue matters very little.

...unless someone gets pulled down by their untucked jersey for an open field tackle.  ;D

NCBull...

I beg to differ.

There is empirical evidence that when USF wears white pants with white jerseys on the road, the Bulls do not do well.  When the Bulls wear green pants with white jerseys on the road, USF does better most of the time.  There are few exceptions to the "play crappy in all white" rule.

There really aren't any "tucked" v "untucked" data because not all players are either tucked or untucked.

And Jerome Murphy was slowed on his INT down because the tackler was able to grab his untucked jersey.

NCBull...

I beg to differ.

There is empirical evidence that when USF wears white pants with white jerseys on the road, the Bulls do not do well.  When the Bulls wear green pants with white jerseys on the road, USF does better most of the time.  There are few exceptions to the "play crappy in all white" rule.

There really aren't any "tucked" v "untucked" data because not all players are either tucked or untucked.

And Jerome Murphy was slowed on his INT down because the tackler was able to grab his untucked jersey.

Thanks for the info, Jim.  Interesting about the "all white" rule...I didn't know that.  Are there any theories as to why wearing all white matters?

But you did supply some "data" for the untucked jersey issue...if Jerome was slowed down by his jersey, that's anecdotal data that it's not a good thing to have it out.  Again, I ask: why NOT tuck them in (appearances aside).

Archived