• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brutal ESPNU broadcast

LW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Tha camera crew were interns from RCC, Raliegh Community College AV Department. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

I don't worry about the announcers much no matter what channel the game is televised on.  We're a young program and most announcers make several mistakes every time we play.  I've just gotten used to it and somewhat ignore them and just focus on the actual game.  At least it was in HD!  ;D

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

my fav was when they mistaked Ben Williams for Houston Hess

that was ******* HILARIOUS.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Camera angle at beginning of the game was brutal, it took me a while before my foggy mind caught up with the placement. Caught the prementioned ommissions, but even still, I would rather have crappy away TV than none.

• Content Count:  2,657

Man u guys...remember playing at Elon.  I don't believe there was even radio for that game.  Can you say "spoiled".

So true....

Remember Cumberland?

With that said, for a team knocking at the door of the Top 10, ESPN could have done a better job in making sure their "talent" was better prepared.

What I thought was funny how they called Selvie's name a couple times early in the broadcast, even though they obviously meant #94.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I agree it WAS horrible. Did anyone else feel like they announcers were in bed with NCST?? Every other word out of their mouths was NCST this, NCST that..... ::)

I made the same comment to my brother. I'm not sure it's because announcers generally don't know enough about USF or it's because ESPN announcers dislilke USF.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

They just don't know us.  I keep answering questions up here about where the school is, how many students are enrolled, etc.  Invariably, people are shocked when I answer that we're in a major metropolitan area with 43,000 students.

Our team is just young, that's all.  Think of it like this:  this is all part of the growing pains of becoming a college football superpower!

Go Bulls!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  1,524

Yes, ESPN U coverage does suck, but at least we are on a major network (I know ESPN U is an affiliate). Thank God we arent being covered by Catch 47.

• Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  0

I'm just glad it was televised - at least we were able to see it.  Turning down the sound on the TV is probably wise.  We enjoyed it at Selmon's and it was so noisy in there, we couldn't hear the announcers.  Worked just fine for us  :)

Archived