• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa, we have a problem

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

I think this could POTENTIALLY be a revolutionary game in the Bulls defense. 

Did you mean to put the word "revolutionary" in caps?  ;) I get what your saying...just thought I'd ask though....

Nope.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985

I think CJL is just trying to shake it up a bit.  this may get the NCState guys to not coach around Selvie as much (seriously doubt it though), but more likely we may see a couple new looks and schemes with some new personnel out there

I think CJL is just trying to shake it up a bit.  this may get the NCState guys to not coach around Selvie as much (seriously doubt it though), but more likely we may see a couple new looks and schemes with some new personnel out there

Zone Blitz against their QB will create so many turnovers

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I think we need to go 4-3 then. With T-Mac, Robinson, and Wilson at LB. On the line, we would have Buie, Genus, Harris, and Bedford.

It's time for us to start running some serious blitz packages and we'll see what our secondary is made of. Without Selvie getting pressure on the QB, we're going to have to do it some other way.

I am nervous now.

We don't do "blitzes".   

I think we need to go 4-3 then. With T-Mac, Robinson, and Wilson at LB. On the line, we would have Buie, Genus, Harris, and Bedford.

It's time for us to start running some serious blitz packages and we'll see what our secondary is made of. Without Selvie getting pressure on the QB, we're going to have to do it some other way.

I am nervous now.

We don't do "blitzes".   

We need to

• Content Count:  4,451

A beat up team and we will be playing 2 games in 6 days.  Guys better get ready to play.

If I had to choose I'd rest the Big Dogs for the second game 'cuz it so much more important.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

www2.tbo.com/content/2008/sep/26/usf-adjusting-to-numerous-injuries/sports-colleges-bulls/

• Content Count:  171

With McClain not playing and Genus still being banged up, is anyone starting to get worried that they are going to pound the ball right at us. Maybe this is a chance for Grissom to show what he is made of because other than him we don't have any other big bodies.

• Content Count:  1,757

The defensive scheme has been pretty vanilla so far... The D-linemen first priority: stopping up the running lanes with Selvie rushing the passer almost every down.  This has worked flawlessly as it forces teams to throw the ball on our secondary.  By forcing the double team on Selvie teams are playing right into our defensive scheme.  Unless you're Kansas or have a Heisman-caliber QB you're not going to rack up the score on this secondary.  If Kansas had established the run in that game, we would have been toast.     

If USF wants to compete for a national title, then our reserves better be **** good and ready for the challenge.  Remember this is a TEAM sport, not a one / two / three man show.  The difference between good teams and great teams is depth.  We'll get to see how deep we are over the next 2 games.  I don't think we're going to see a helluva lot of dropoff from this defense.  There is some definite talent at backup on our line.   

If Selvie, McClain and Williams aren't 80 - 100% for this game, why risk them to further injury?  It's a big OOC matchup and winning it would be great, but not at the expense of having that depth available during conference play (which starts 5 days later).  Winning the BE conference and the assured BCS game that comes with it should be priority #1.  Just getting to the NC game through all the political garbage is more about luck and factors you can't control than anything else.  Just ask Auburn how you go 12-0 in the SEC and still be left out.   

Archived