• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa, we have a problem

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt said they are not starting because he wanted to reward Genus and Marshall for taking the bulk of reps during practice.  Selvie might be in during the 2nd play.

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think we need to go 4-3 then. With T-Mac, Robinson, and Wilson at LB. On the line, we would have Buie, Genus, Harris, and Bedford.

It's time for us to start running some serious blitz packages and we'll see what our secondary is made of. Without Selvie getting pressure on the QB, we're going to have to do it some other way.

I am nervous now.

Don't we always go 4-3??  Or at least 4-2-5, with a nickel package?

Last 11 years, yes, 99% 4-3. This year, a lot of nickel. The only other time I have seen so much of it was...umm...Sun Bowl after Brouce got hurt.

Sure wish we still had Donte Spires.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Selvie is key to our defense. Opposing coaches have had to gameplan around him. How stout will our defense be with Selvie out or playing a limited role?

We beed to be able to win without him, other guys need to step up. One player should not make a team, and if it does, then "****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Tourettes Guy)

From what I have read in articles posted, the entire team is ready to step up due to losses sustained at FIU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,630
  • Days Won:  29

Sabath Joseph will make his mark !

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

A beat up team and we will be playing 2 games in 6 days.  Guys better get ready to play.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Just cuz he isn't in the starting line-up doesn't mean he won't get some serious reps. They probably just want to see performance w/o him in, and that be the judge if he is needed during the game.

• Content Count:  136

I think this could POTENTIALLY be a revolutionary game in the Bulls defense. With Selvie out we may have to blitz 2, or even 3, linebackers to get pressure on the quarterback.

What this could do:

1. Quick, unwanted throws = INTs

2. Gives our corners a chance to be more physical without the treat of a HUGE deep threat (if the quick, unwanted throws are forced)

3. Corners being physical will mess up the timing a lot

If this turns out to be a huge success, I see huge potential for a very physical defense (we already are) that creates even more turnovers.

I see a lot of the Philadelphia Eagles in our Bulls (I hate the Eagles but they do have a great defense) with a more explosive offense.

Why I said this was because even though Selvie is a great player, I think we rely way too much on a 4 man rush which can easily be stopped with a double-team on Selvie and a runningback or tight end staying in to block. The 4 man rush isn't working out too much, in my opinion, and I think we have potential to put a lot more fear into the QB's eyes. Think Jeremiah Trotter as Tyrone McKenzie.

• Content Count:  1,260

I think this could POTENTIALLY be a revolutionary game in the Bulls defense. 

Did you mean to put the word "revolutionary" in caps?  ;) I get what your saying...just thought I'd ask though....

• Content Count:  684

We beed to be able to win without him, other guys need to step up. One player should not make a team, and if it does, then "****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Tourettes Guy)

Hey dad, there's a bird in the house!

/may he rest in peace

B*TCH............., I LOVE YOU

Archived