• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Tailgating Rules

bwsdj

Who thinks the New Tailgating Rules STINK  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  203
  • Days Won:  0

According to who I talked to at the TSA, these only apply to the lots owned and operated by TSA, which are all the Ray Jay Lots.

The old mall lots are under their own sets of rules and parking guys because they are owned by the Glazers, or whoever within the Glazer's group purchased them...basically what I'm trying to say is that the Bucs own those lots...not the friggin' TSA!

we ca still get out there and party our asses off whenever we feel like it!

Not true, Lot 14, the mall lot, is under the same rules.  Not sure about the ownership but TSA runs it because I heard it directly from Mickey Farrell's mouth that lot 14 will not be open until 4 hours before just like the other lots.

hey i will wait and see because for the last home game lot 14 wasn't supposed to open until 12 and I was the very first person out there at 11:00 am and there was no one in sight.  those yellow gates stay open all the time so unless a cop comes up and tells me to leave...I will be out there 8-10 hours before every game just as I have done in the past.

Go Bulls!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,461

If we're ever going to have a big-time college atmosphere, they've got to be open all day.

We must achieve some balance of controlling the idiots and fostering a college football environment.

• Content Count:  339

4 hours is long enough

Says you. 

I have no intention of tailgating for longer than 4 hours, but I completely DISAGREE with the limit.

Bull-it, 4 hours may be long enough for you, but there are plenty of people who want to be there longer.  I see no reason why they shouldn't, and EVERY bulls fan should be opposed to this rule regardless of how long you personally prefer to tailgate.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

...and EVERY bulls fan should be opposed to this rule regardless of how long you personally prefer to tailgate.

Nah....not really.

The rule is not some arbitrary, knee-jerk, because-I-said-so power play. This is a case of giving someone just enough rope, and sure enough, they hang themselves.

It has become apparent that 'self policing' doesn't work. Therefore, a control measure (time allotted) has been put in place. There's nothing to say the rule won't be rescinded some time in the future...but for the time being, there is a need to take some action to curtail the dumbness.

Maybe there's a difference between 'tailgating' and 'let's see if I can get puke drunk today!'. Whaddya think?  :satan

• Content Count:  384

Maybe there's a difference between 'tailgating' and 'let's see if I can get puke drunk today!'. Whaddya think?  :satan

I agree, you don't have to get PUKE DRUNK to have a Great Time Tailgating.

• Content Count:  760

I am so sick and tired of this **** university trying to police us like we are children. I guess thats what happens when some idiots act like children. Still, i am upset that the "few bad apples ruin it for all" mentality continues to apply. First beefs now this. Its ridiculous. Punish the ones abusing the rules, not those out there for a good time. 4 hrs is to short.

Ban the standing only sections. Make people put butts in the seats and maybe they will decide not to get up as much to go get a beer. If you let them stand right next to the concessions, they will continue to over consume. But I'm sure thats ok, cause you're consuming THEIR alcohol. Just dont bring any of yours to the parking lot.

And what if we ever get considered for a College Gameday??? Long shot I know, but will this 4 hr policy hurt us? Will it be lifted for something like that? I realize this may never be an issue but just saying.

THIS POLICY STINKS!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours is long enough

If a person wanted to, don't you think they'd be drinking all day?  Who cares if your in a parking lot for 5 hours or 5 minutes...

I'd personally tailgate for 8 hours, and drink on top of that...  BUT, I wouldn't be an a$$ about it.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If it didnt happen, Kansas fans couldnt complain. I think the majority of the problems are the students, (the ones that hang out by the pirate ship and drink all game)

Well I did not hate Kansas fans until now - since we are all being punished for the actions of some drunk Buc's fans I now wish I had smacked a few Jay hawks around to get my money's worth instead of being nice, obviously USF and the rest of the freaking world failed to notice that only a small % were a-holes and those people only show up a few minutes before the game to get hammered.

Does anyone have a link to these new rules... I know have to re plan everything out for the next home tailgating event.

Archived