• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Live Bull For Games??

gibbsak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I remember something back in '05 about an alum purchasing a bull to have for the school as a live mascot, like AU has an eagle, Memphis has a tiger.  Have there been any updates on that?  I have not heard much.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

Will not happen as long as we play at RayJay and the liability insurance will be astronomical.  First time a student or a fan step in a pile PI attorneys will be all over the incident like ugly on a bear.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

TSA flips their lid if students run on the field... you think they'd allow a bull ;)

I hope we get a live bull just for the initial intros.  He'd be a tougher to control than the Colorado buffalo, so I understand being overly cautious.

• Content Count:  223

Sounds good in theory...but probably not smart to put a live bull on the field with 45,000+ fans screaming.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

so there have been no developments?  I remember all of the caution when they first printed it in the oracle.  just was looking for an update.

• Content Count:  228

No way is a bull more dangerous than a Colorado buffalo or a Baylor bear (both brought onto the field).  Even if we put the bull in a 1930's style Barnum & Bailey tiger cage and brought that onto the field it would be better than no bull.  If they can train a buffalo to run into a cage I'm sure they can train a bull to do it - and if they can't, drug it before the game or gently hit it over the head or something.  We need a bull!

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

- and if they can't, drug it before the game or gently hit it over the head or something. 

You must be a card-carrying member of PETA.  :D

• Content Count:  4,642

couldn't we still get one and not run it onto the field?  keep him as a live mascot next to our new stadium?  :)

• Content Count:  1,633

There has already been two attempts to have a bull for the games.

The first bull that was purchased wasn't raised amongst people, therefore it was not to people friendly.

You think that the guy in charge (some guy associated with Beef's) would have learned his lesson this first time, but the second bull was also no so people friendly.

I work in the agriculture industry and the sales rep. that I dealt with is no longer with the company that supplied the feed, so I am not really sure if there has been any more attempts to have a more fan friendly bull...

• Content Count:  228

All I'm saying is if we can tie up an aircraft carrier surely we can tie up a bull.  Put a stake in the ground and a collar on the bull.  Put shackles on its hooves.  Give it a Xanax.  Turn it into a steer.  Something!  We aren't the USF Endangered Species.  We are the Bulls!  Find one and get it to the games!!!

Archived