• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

is there any FUN in being a Bulls fan anymore?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I'm having a great time out here.  You should see some of these ASU fans.  Suicide watch is on.

I don't get how four wins can make it no fun.  I guess if perfection in winning is the scale on which one judges, one may never be happy.  It's early in the season, we have the entire Big East schedule to play.  Who really cares about these non-cons?  To be 4-0 is great.  I can't get down because we played at UCiF and FIU and were admittedly "bowl games" for both teams.  We did enough to win.  If we do enough to win 13 games, I'll see you little teary-eyed angry guys elsewhere, maybe at a "Puffs" convention.

first of all, one of the major points of my original post is that it's not necessarily ON-FIELD issues that have defined our season so far.

even when we win and have FANTASTIC on-field performances, there are some people that have to find something---ANYTHING---to complain about and basically rain on the parade.

instead of being happy that we beat a more than capable, competitive ranked opponent like Kansas, we spent all of last week on this forum [and in the media, and in the offices of USF Athletics and TSA] bashing our fan-base and worrying about our program's national image....  as if a few idiotic fans somehow hurt our program's "image" more than struggling against FIU.

i love winning as much as the next guy.  i have more than my share of fun at the games.

but EVERY WEEK, without fail, there is ALWAYS something someone is complaining about.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

... there are some people that have to find something---ANYTHING---to complain about and basically rain on the parade.

This has been a phenomenon that has taken off here along with member growth and a dilution of members that have been around since '96 when all we had were practice games.  I think proper perspective is fading and expectations are exceeding reality.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Good example:

We have Mike Ford who punched it in twice last night accounting for both TDs.  He's fresh off an ankle injury and yet we have a post seeking support to call him a bust basically.

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Good example:

We have Mike Ford who punched it in twice last night accounting for both TDs.  He's fresh off an ankle injury and yet we have a post seeking support to call him a bust basically.

You can pretty much bank on a Ford thread after every game. No matter the tone of the original poster, you can be sure it'll turn into a b1tchfest.

• Content Count:  2,719

even when we win and have FANTASTIC on-field performances, there are some people that have to find something---ANYTHING---to complain about and basically rain on the parade.

welcome to the world of the internet.  the world's largest water cooler

instead of being happy that we beat a more than capable, competitive ranked opponent like Kansas, we spent all of last week on this forum [and in the media, and in the offices of USF Athletics and TSA] bashing our fan-base and worrying about our program's national image....  as if a few idiotic fans somehow hurt our program's "image" more than struggling against FIU.

and we shouldn't worry about our image?  don't you want prominent teams to keep signing contract with us?

but EVERY WEEK, without fail, there is ALWAYS something someone is complaining about.

again, welcome to the internet and my ignore list

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

... there are some people that have to find something---ANYTHING---to complain about and basically rain on the parade.

This has been a phenomenon that has taken off here along with member growth and a dilution of members that have been around since '96 when all we had were practice games.  I think proper perspective is fading and expectations are exceeding reality.

Although, I think that is very nicely put and accurate, _EI's observation is more apropos for the current demographics on here:

I'm having a blast.  Get the sand out of your crack.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

Only for BandWagon Fans ... jump off and you will be replaced.

I am as excited to be a BULL Fan today as I was when I heard USF was getting a program.

Yesterday wasn't "fun", but many things I love aren't either.

BULL Pride is always strong !

Go BULLS !!!

P.S. Didn't waste reading any of this thread.  :nutkick

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Only for BandWagon Fans ... jump off and you will be replaced.

I am as excited to be a BULL Fan today as I was when I heard USF was getting a program.

Yesterday wasn't "fun", but many things I love aren't either.

BULL Pride is always strong !

Go BULLS !!!

P.S. Didn't waste reading any of this thread.  :nutkick

ahh, yes, everyone who isn't middle-aged and didn't attend USF when it first opened its doors in the '60s is relegated to "bandwagon" status by the old dogs on the forum.

typical response from the green and gold goggle wearing homers:  everyone who doesn't subscribe to your fantasy land view of the program, the team and its fan base are "bandwagon fans."

maybe one day this team can win a big game and the fans can savor the victory instead of being told we're evil people for not sipping our beer with our pinkies in the air.

• Content Count:  2,661

Go read any college football board out there.

They've all got the same cast of characters we do.

They've all got a Bulliever (the even-handed leader of the band), a MikeG (the disliker of petty arguments) , an E.T. (the boisterous fan), an Eats It (the guy who likes to stir the pot online), a Sheriff (the guy who likes to stir the pot IRL), a Mid-Atlantic Bull (the guy who starts five "we suck" threads ten minutes into a game if we lead by less than three touchdowns), a JimUSFSig (the cool analytical type), a BasketBull (the guy who brings the historical perspective), a Goldenbuc (a fan of an opposing school who hangs out at the board for some reason), a WVUStateChamp (obnoxious troll), and of course, a smazza (the crazy uncle).

There are other archetypes for internet football fans, but you get the idea. For the most part, our fan base is just like every other school's: they criticize too much, they praise too little, they demand drastic changes too quickly, and they suffer from Ole Miss Disease.

• Content Count:  1,165

It's great to be a Bull. Hard to imagine the program is where it is today.

That being said, success brings higher expectations, which opens the door to easier and greater disappointments, which is where we stand now.

Archived