• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Everybody Chill, We Won Tonight

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Is this board so weak that no one can post criticism when the team goes out and plays horrible (see coach's comments after the game)?  Does it have to be a lovefest at all times?  Do we really need to desperately try to distract from people being honest by calling them Chicken Little?  All I see are people trying to call it how they see it.  If all you can do is call them names to try to win a non-argument that is sad.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Is this board so weak that no one can post criticism when the team goes out and plays horrible (see coach's comments after the game)?  Does it have to be a lovefest at all times?  Do we really need to desperately try to distract from people being honest by calling them Chicken Little?  All I see are people trying to call it how they see it.  If all you can do is call them names to try to win a non-argument that is sad.

Yeah, really.  For reference:  "We played about as bad as we can play. I really don’t see how we could play worse. We won a ballgame, but we’re not real happy about it. It was pretty disgusting. … We made every mistake you could possibly make." --Coach Leavitt.

I think he disagrees with you, JoeB.

• Content Count:  1,386

Its time to stop playing these bottom feeding florida schools. Play miami, if UF or FSU want to play, play them. No more ucf, fau, or fiu. Too risky and we always get their best shot

Hello?!? USF scheduled these 2-1's with FIU and FAU early in the decade. Back when USF was new to I-A. You do know that NCAA FB schedules games a few years or more in advance, right?

And before you start on I-AA, since the NCAA has allowed one I-AA win EACH YEAR to count for bowl game eligibility, almost every BCS team is scheduling at least ONE I-AA each year. Besides a lot of I-AA teams balance their budgets with payday games.

In 2009 USF has the obligatory I-AA Stony Brook, @I-A independent W Kentucky (USF is 2-2),  FIU (to finish 2-1), two conference games, @Indiana, 5 conference games and Miami for what should be the last game of the year. USF has 3 BE home games (Cincy, Lou, WVU) and is a 6 home game schedule.

In 2010 USF has the obligatory I-AA Samford, @Florida, W Kentucky (to finish filling holes in schedule), FAU, conference games and then @Miami. This will be the first 7 home game schedule since 2001.

In 2011 USF has a probable I-AA, Ball State, an open spot, conference game, @Notre Dame, rest of conference and Miami. Six home games so far with a possible 7th.

In 2012 USF has a probable I-AA, Michigan St, an open spot, @Ball State, conference games and @Miami. Six home with a possible 7th.

In 2013 USF has a probably I-AA, @Michigan St, FAU, an open spot, conference games and Miami. Another six home with a possible 7th.

In 2014 USF has NC State at home and in 2015 goes to Florida again.

So, it looks like USF is doing the following. One I-AA to start the year, two BCS and two non-BCS to fill out the OOC schedule. As you see, in 2011, it could be possible to switch a non-BCS for a BCS school as USF has an open slot. Or an even better option would be to have I-A payday games vs non-BCS schools and have 7 home games each year.

USF is moving up to play more traditional colleges, but you have to remember, schedules are set years in advance so USF has to work up to a bigger and bigger schedule.

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  4,738

I'm not big on criticizing the schedule.

Uf plays **** teams every year.  FSU started out with two 1-AA teams.  Miami played Charleston Southern.

but, if the Big East continues to circle the toilet bowl, we now have a crappy OOC schedule, and a crappy conference schedule.

I say get rid of the non-BCS state teams.  State teams that are not of our caliber have everything to win, and nothing to lose.  At least out of state teams don't have this extra chip on their shoulder of proving they belong on the field with the same guys they played against in high school.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I realize the game wasn't as lopsided as we wanted, but we still won.  That means something, doesni't it? 

Why are you being so negative??

We won by 8 points, man!  That's tremendous!!

If this were hockey, 8 goals is a TOTAL BLOWOUT!!!

Great game by our Bulls....I just don't see how anyone could find ANYTHING negative to say about this game.

Coach Leavitt needs to calm down and be more positive, too.

• Content Count:  4,738

I realize the game wasn't as lopsided as we wanted, but we still won.  That means something, doesni't it? 

Why are you being so negative??

We won by 8 points, man!  That's tremendous!!

If this were hockey, 8 goals is a TOTAL BLOWOUT!!!

Great game by our Bulls....I just don't see how anyone could find ANYTHING negative to say about this game.

Coach Leavitt needs to calm down and be more positive, too.

Our baseball team had an awesome showing on offense yesterday at FIU

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Hear, hear!!! And a double ditto. Go Bulls, please get better and please get healthy!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Thoughtful criticism is the key to any good message board.  Profanity, sarcasm, insults and such are not in that category.  The "chicken little" talk isn't criticism either, it's a panic that because we didn't blow out little old FIU the entire Bulls community should panic.  Instead, I for one, rely on the judgment of one CJL, whom I think will make sure his team knows that the effort wasn't good enough.  I am sure he will find a way to get them ready for NC State.  He typically does.  We seem to forget that this team has beaten top ten teams.  Not every game is a blowout.  Randy Johnson threw a perfect game in 2004.  I guess he has sucked since (and previously for that matter).

For me specifically (we're all different), it's all in the way we anonymous "fans" choose to vent our "criticism."  Look at the yahoos that felt obligated to post a bunch of silly "end of the Bulls world as we know it" stuff at halftime of the Kansas game. 

I consider posts like cmhatter's "Post-game thoughts" to be criticism, good criticism.  It contains both positive and negative and it doesn't open and close with the same tired "FIRE SOMEBODY DAMNIT" screed.  Sometimes I think there is a core of fans that just want to be able to tell the rest of the community "I told you so" about a specific coach or player.  They revel in their correctness more than the improvement or success of coaches or players. 

Good legit unbiased criticism with some basis in fact is welcome.  Calling names, peddling profanity and insults, demeaning student-athletes is not criticism - it's just flat out being a jerk hiding behind an anonymous name and a keyboard.  And I am not describing you Rocky Style, just using your quote to insert my opinion of criticism.  Feel free to criticize it.

• Content Count:  2,118

let's come on positive and hungry for NC State, Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  1,478

The bad thing about this game isn't that we played like crap.. It's the fact that we lost brouce mompremier and possibly george selvie.

Archived