• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Everybody Chill, We Won Tonight

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

Its time to stop playing these bottom feeding florida schools. Play miami, if UF or FSU want to play, play them. No more ucf, fau, or fiu. Too risky and we always get their best shot

Hello?!? USF scheduled these 2-1's with FIU and FAU early in the decade. Back when USF was new to I-A. You do know that NCAA FB schedules games a few years or more in advance, right?

And before you start on I-AA, since the NCAA has allowed one I-AA win EACH YEAR to count for bowl game eligibility, almost every BCS team is scheduling at least ONE I-AA each year. Besides a lot of I-AA teams balance their budgets with payday games.

In 2009 USF has the obligatory I-AA Stony Brook, @I-A independent W Kentucky (USF is 2-2),  FIU (to finish 2-1), two conference games, @Indiana, 5 conference games and Miami for what should be the last game of the year. USF has 3 BE home games (Cincy, Lou, WVU) and is a 6 home game schedule.

In 2010 USF has the obligatory I-AA Samford, @Florida, W Kentucky (to finish filling holes in schedule), FAU, conference games and then @Miami. This will be the first 7 home game schedule since 2001.

In 2011 USF has a probable I-AA, Ball State, an open spot, conference game, @Notre Dame, rest of conference and Miami. Six home games so far with a possible 7th.

In 2012 USF has a probable I-AA, Michigan St, an open spot, @Ball State, conference games and @Miami. Six home with a possible 7th.

In 2013 USF has a probably I-AA, @Michigan St, FAU, an open spot, conference games and Miami. Another six home with a possible 7th.

In 2014 USF has NC State at home and in 2015 goes to Florida again.

So, it looks like USF is doing the following. One I-AA to start the year, two BCS and two non-BCS to fill out the OOC schedule. As you see, in 2011, it could be possible to switch a non-BCS for a BCS school as USF has an open slot. Or an even better option would be to have I-A payday games vs non-BCS schools and have 7 home games each year.

USF is moving up to play more traditional colleges, but you have to remember, schedules are set years in advance so USF has to work up to a bigger and bigger schedule.

Kizarvexis

Dude calm down. I know all about scheduling and i check the future schedules all the time. All i was saying is we need to stop scheduling these. Obviously we should play out all of theses series, but my point that you totally missed was that we should stop scheduling any more of them.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USF won't "stop" scheduling these... CJL has said that he wants to play teams from Florida... so I would expect more 2-for-1s with FAU and FIU, and yes... we will schedule more games against UCF, too.

Archived