• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF fans might be the most vile creatures on Earth

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  148
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not defending any drunken idiots, 64 ejections is a record and is bad, but RJS has hosted many games where there were decent sized groups from other schools.  Tampa is still sort of a melting pot and people don't always want to live in Piscataway or Morgantown their whole life.  There are Alum from all over who have cheered for our oposition  and this is the 1st time this has happened at this magnitude. 

Last year, Sports Illustrated had an article on the 10 worst fan chants and KU ("MUCK FIZZOU" & "RIP HIS F@@@KING HEAD OFF" for kick offs) was up there.  Thing is these are chants; they are yelled repeatedly and have become tradition, its not just so isolated drunk students its the whole crowd.  I'm sure that visiting fans take offense to that.  Point is, none of this is good, but at least we don't have a chant that we yell hoping to instigate. 

If KU had won the game, every insult probably would have bounced off most of the KU fans.  It always seems a lot worse than it is when you lose an emotional game. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Friday night against kansas the only thing i saw from 125 was the fight next to the tunnel with Asian Kid with the bloody face. I saw NOTHING else. Nothing remotely close to drunk and disorderly conduct.

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Almost every reply on this thread is exactly the problem.

IT IS NOT OK!

Instead of manning up and being part of the solution, we're condoning it, again. Who gives a rats ass where it comes from or who said what? There's a problem that needs to be fixed.

If someone representing the BULLS gets in anyones face and starts F-ing this and F-ing that, STOP THEM.

Enough good fans can stop one or two from ruining the experience of rest of us.

There are not 60,000 drunk fans. There are a few that need to be reminded/shown that their behavior will not be tolerated.

• Content Count:  4,738

yeah but as some point-- aren't we there to watch a football game and not to be hall monitors?

personally-- I think this entire scenario is being way overblown.

If it was such a big problem many of us would see it and hear it.  This limited to some "fans" who ar emost likely not a part of this university.  It is a growing pain.  once we continue to grow our alumni fanbase that respects the university, and the tickets are hard to obtain, this will go away.  In the meantime, we have to deal with it or police it. 

If I saw it I would say something, but I'm not going to search out for losers that are probably out to pick a fight anyways.

• Content Count:  148

Your right, nobody should be condoning, excusing or pardoning this type of behavoir at all.  The problem is that theses articles tell a few KU fans stories which nobody on this board witnessed.  It is really a small percentage of the whole that takes minor trash talking to the next level and many times its not even students. 

The slantinel also wrote a story which not only does not stem from the writer's own sites, but cut and pasted quotes from the Tampa Tribune.  The story also takes shots at our success and not deserving it, which somehow they tie that into an article about unruly fans. 

I think what probably making most people seem indifferent to it is the fact that there will always be press created issues which have nothing to do with what happened on the feild but somehow aim to tarnish our program or school. 

1st it was Saban's comments, then it was the Moffitt situation, now its unruly fans. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

And the answer is - whether it's one unruly fan or 100 - that while it may be the norm in college football we don't accept it as the our norm; and that we do what we can safely do to diffuse such actions in the future.  There is no doubt there is some sensationalizing of this situation by the usual suspects in the "media".

We need to take away their opportunity for a swipe at the program by addressing these issues when they occur instead of sweeping them under the rug.  That seems to be the main point of contention.  Those appalled by some of the reported behavior are not indicting 60,000 people, but they realize it does not make a proud moment for USF when people are threatening and or making obscene gestures and chants to others at our games.

This is the kind of issue we should agree on.  By and large the fan base is a great one.  By and large everyone here would not participate in these hostile or rude activities.  We all know that.  But a few bad apples can ruin a good time for the rest of us. 

• Content Count:  1,297

Who's condoning this type of behavior.  I haven't seen anyone on here who CONDONS this.  Geezzzzussss.

We should all agree to do our part, to go out of our way to make visiting fans feel comfortable (for the most part), and just be courteous and show some hospitality.  This is going to be my plan for every home game from now on.  Before, I have always stayed to myself and never really talk or acknowledge the visiting fans.  Not being rude but also not being overly friendly.  But now I will go out of my way to be friendly and to make up for any d-bag behavior.

The bad apples will always be there.......YOU WILL NOT GET RID OF THEM.  I know we want to be different from ALL programs out there by not having a few rude fans, but the only way to really be different is to go out of your way to make a difference to make up for the actions of the few loud ones.

But don't think by me saying you will not get rid of rude fans that I'm condoning their behavior, and NO - I'm not an ostrich.

There's no such thing as a football utopia...........only personal responsibility.

I say we forget this nonsense and we all just come to accept it. Condone it. In fact, we should encourage it. Raymond James... where ANGELS fear to tread! :D

Edit: I got corrected by the home brew guy!

• Content Count:  1,297

what kind of angles.............right angles.........45........ ;)

what kind of angles.............right angles.........45........ ;)

I never liked that Pythagoras guy

Archived