• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF fans might be the most vile creatures on Earth

Stier

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Two Sentinel staffers, friends of mine, attended the Kansas game by purchasing tickets and sitting in the stands. Chris Hays, the Sentinel's NFL editor, described it like this: "It was an atmosphere of drunken, disorderly people and it was not limited to any section. It was the entire stadium.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/2008/09/usf-fans-might.html

Bold statement, seeing how I didn't see anything going on that night!! Not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see or hear any of it!

What's funny is it's written by the editor of college sports for the Orlando Sentinel .... That's like being the beach reporter for the Kansas City Star.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

The article is a joke and so is the Sentinel.

UCiF and USF draw from almost identical areas in terms of student admissions and fanbases. It's funny that either side likes to throw stones. What you have are 2 extremely immature fanbases who are still learning what bigtime college football is all about. It doesn't help that the results on the field seem to breed whiners on their side and spoiled brats on ours... These things will only really change as the program matures and we have stadiums full of students, faculty, and alumni who had football when they were enrolled, instead of casual sports fans.  You'll always have a few jerks....but the environment changes as the years go by.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The article is a joke and so is the Sentinel.

UCiF and USF draw from almost identical areas in terms of student admissions and fanbases. It's funny that either side likes to throw stones. What you have are 2 extremely immature fanbases who are still learning what bigtime college football is all about. It doesn't help that the results on the field seem to breed whiners on their side and spoiled brats on ours... These things will only really change as the program matures and we have stadiums full of students, faculty, and alumni who had football when they were enrolled, instead of casual sports fans.  You'll always have a few jerks....but the environment changes as the years go by.

I seriously doubt that will EVER happen, look at Florida, FSU, and Miami they each have long running programs and in some respects are worse then us or UCiF...

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

What's funny is the Sentinel is the same exact newspaper that reported the truth about Ereck Plancher's "10 minute workout", they were wrapping fishes with it.

Now that it is piling on with anti-USF stuff, they are back to loving those schmucks.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

After Im done beating an opposing fan to death in front of there family in a drunken rage, i perfer to drink the blood of the elderly. Because Nothing refreshes you like drinking the blood of the elderly.

-If I actually did the above, then that guys article would make sense

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

After Im done beating an opposing fan to death in front of there family in a drunken rage, i perfer to drink the blood of the elderly. Because Nothing refreshes you like drinking the blood of the elderly.

-If I actually did the above, then that guys article would make sense

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

So, I am not at all condoning negative actions toward opponents fans, but, I do think it is kind of cool that we are getting all this attention.

It shows that our fan base at least has passion. Sure, it needs to be channeled in a better direction, but no one can accuse USF of not having a passionate fan base.

The Slantinel is a useless paper, I try not to read anything from there. I do like how 2 guys can cover the whole stadium though to a point of being able to say that all USF fans are the devil.

Archived