• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF fans might be the most vile creatures on Earth

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,451
  • Days Won:  0

It's funny that the first 'KU alum' in the article resides in winter park... UCF supporter perhaps? I wonder where the second KU alum lives. My guess? orlando area. The tampa trib needs to stop publishing pointless articles about bad behavior by fans, there are unruly fans in every stadium. I didn't sit in the USF section at the auburn game. I was in the middle of a bunch of orange people in the upper deck. there wasn't any beer thrown but there was definitely some yelling going on. the slantinel actually cited that our own paper was talking about it.

Once again, i would like to point out that unruly fans most likely are not associated with the university at all.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

So, I am not at all condoning negative actions toward opponents fans, but, I do think it is kind of cool that we are getting all this attention.

It shows that our fan base at least has passion. Sure, it needs to be channeled in a better direction, but no one can accuse USF of not having a passionate fan base.

The Slantinel is a useless paper, I try not to read anything from there. I do like how 2 guys can cover the whole stadium though to a point of being able to say that all USF fans are the devil.

Funny, I was kinda feeling the same way.  Go to the Northeast for an NFL game (Philly, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, NY, etc....) and those places are 1000X worse than anything any fan could experience at a USF game, and yet their fan bases aren't embarrased by that fact, but rather almost wear that as a badge of honor. 

I don't condone it, but you're talking about mixing football, beer and immature people.....bad things are going to happen.....like its been said, it happens EVERYWHERE

• Content Count:  4,738

So, I am not at all condoning negative actions toward opponents fans, but, I do think it is kind of cool that we are getting all this attention.

It shows that our fan base at least has passion. Sure, it needs to be channeled in a better direction, but no one can accuse USF of not having a passionate fan base.

The Slantinel is a useless paper, I try not to read anything from there. I do like how 2 guys can cover the whole stadium though to a point of being able to say that all USF fans are the devil.

Funny, I was kinda feeling the same way.   Go to the Northeast for an NFL game (Philly, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, NY, etc....) and those places are 1000X worse than anything any fan could experience at a USF game, and yet their fan bases aren't embarrased by that fact, but rather almost wear that as a badge of honor. 

I don't condone it, but you're talking about mixing football, beer and immature people.....bad things are going to happen.....like its been said, it happens EVERYWHERE

Everywhere?

Wow by the way people talk it only happens here and we are the worst

• Content Count:  9,038

The only difference between this game and any other game was the Kansas lost.  Thus, they felt compelled to get back home and whine.  Their newspaper was so hard-up for stories that they actually printed the one we all know.

I 100% guaruntee you that if Kansas had won, none of this "bad fan" talk would've ever started.

• Content Count:  879

Funny, I was kinda feeling the same way.   Go to the Northeast for an NFL game (Philly, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, NY, etc....) and those places are 1000X worse than anything any fan could experience at a USF game, and yet their fan bases aren't embarrased by that fact, but rather almost wear that as a badge of honor. 

Everywhere?

:nope Way not the worst.  Back in the day I went to a Browns/Steelers game in Cleveland and even though I was a little young at the time, I truly felt like my life was in danger.  Those Steeler fans were some of the worst I had ever seen.  Never went to another one of those games.  Never ever again.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Everywhere?

Maybe some of us remain idealistic.

Not "everywhere" does a football program achieve what ours has achieved in such a short time: DI-A as it was called, C-USA, Big East, BCS, three straight bowl games, a #2 ranking last season (our 11th year of play), a preseason ranking this year, a 3-0 start, a fantastic NFL stadium, and above all, a rapidly growing fan base.

Not many programs have the opportunity for a do-over, just like we will not.  What we have right now is the chance to do it right the first time, and do it better than anyone else.

We don't compare ourselves to the UCFs of the world on the field, we shouldn't compare in the stands either.  We can win with class and pride.  There is absolutely no reason to accept bad behavior as okay in our place because it happens elsewhere. 

We are still a young program.  We are experiencing rapid growth.  Now is the time to address issues like these BEFORE they become the norm rather than the exception.  For these reasons, I ask that no one just blow off these accusations, complaints, reports, experiences and instead help build this program on a solid foundation with a fan base that supports its team and the ideals of the program itself.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Not "everywhere" does a football program achieve what ours has achieved in such a short time: DI-A as it was called, C-USA, Big East, BCS, three straight bowl games, a #2 ranking last season (our 11th year of play), a preseason ranking this year, a 3-0 start, a fantastic NFL stadium, and above all, a rapidly growing fan base.

Not many programs have the opportunity for a do-over, just like we will not.  What we have right now is the chance to do it right the first time, and do it better than anyone else.

We don't compare ourselves to the UCFs of the world on the field, we shouldn't compare in the stands either.  We can win with class and pride.  There is absolutely no reason to accept bad behavior as okay in our place because it happens elsewhere. 

We are still a young program.  We are experiencing rapid growth.  Now is the time to address issues like these BEFORE they become the norm rather than the exception.  For these reasons, I ask that no one just blow off these accusations, complaints, reports, experiences and instead help build this program on a solid foundation with a fan base that supports its team and the ideals of the program itself.

:clap

Here-here!!

• Content Count:  1,387

:clap

Here-here!!

Totally agree!!

• Content Count:  4,501

::)  This all to much for me.  Next time don't piss off the opposing teams President.

• Content Count:  1,451

You can't control 60,000 drunk people. It's a force of nature

Archived