• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Respectabull Campaign: thoughts on making better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  211
  • Days Won:  0

We need to get the Oracle in line with the respectabull campaign and students should be forced to take a "respectabull" online class about why we as a university need to respect opposing fans.  When students pick up their student tickets they need to sign a zero tolerance form for unruly behavior towards guests at the games.  Students who misbehave should be immediately ejected.  Also, student ticket allotment should be reduced to 6000 as a penalty against NC State. 

As far as the 300 section goes,  I don't have a clue as to how we can manage people.  Perhaps we can have the sections near the opposing fan base blacked out during the games and a no-trespassing policy enforced.

The sad part about the state of rude fans is this.  It is a tradition we have built and it will take a few years to make it go away.  This is not an easy fix.  It will take at least 20 more years of vigilance on behalf of our administration to change the culture.  We will slowly but surely soon be known as one of the worst home fields for visiting team fans. 

It starts with the students and ends with the students.  We have between 7,000-10,000 drunk students at every game.  That is a huge number to police, but I hope that with enough money we can begin to control the crowds. 

I have other ideas, but I do believe that we have some of the brightest minds and dedicated fans on this board so lets quit complaining and be pro-active!

p.s.  I had this name way before the administration stole it for their campaign.  :)  I just don't want to look like a tard.  :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

1.  If you are a student getting a free ticket and you're being an *** to someone (especially young fans), you get ejected and have your free ticket rights revoked for the rest of the season.  All it takes is a few examples and I believe you'd start to see an improvement.

2.  If you are not a student but you are a season ticket holder and you're being an *** to someone (especially young fans), you get ejected and lose your ticket for the year without refund.

3.  Perhaps station some "mystery shoppers" in the stadium and reward those who are seen going out of their way to be kind to visiting fans?  A t-shirt, a $5 off concessions coupon, something?

The fact of the matter is... there are those who think that buying/getting a ticket entitles them to be a complete jack*** to whomever they choose.  Examples must be made so that others recognize the importance.

• Content Count:  1,457

Bullieve it or not (not preaching) it all begins and ends with alcohol at the stadium. Yes - some will sneak it in but the vast majority will actually enjoy the game and watch the student/athletes play.

Be RESPECTABULL is mandatory.

Drunk young spectators are the root of the problem here.  Yes there are some older spectators that get rough but largely it is the ALCOHOL that gets the courage up.

• Content Count:  12,293

Bullieve it or not (not preaching) it all begins and ends with alcohol at the stadium. Yes - some will sneak it in but the vast majority will actually enjoy the game and watch the student/athletes play.

Drunk young spectators are the root of the problem here.  Yes there are some older spectators that get rough but largely it is the ALCOHOL that gets the courage up.

most of the a-holes are well drunk enough before they even set foot inside the stadium. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Even drunk people don't act in a way that they don't believe is acceptable.  I agree with RespectaBULL's thoughts.  It needs to be crystal clear at the time the students pick up the tickets what behavior is expected.   Chants with profanity and getting in peoples faces are unacceptable.

I think whoever's decision it is should cough up money for extra security for two or three games, and start tossing anyone chanting profanity, or in general acting like an ***.  Public intoxication can get you arrested, anyway.  Getting tossed a couple of times will train even the dumbest students.  They will find somewhere else to get drunk and act like an idiot.  Going to games for "free" is a priviledge, not a right.

This behavior would not be tolerated in the classroom, no reason it should be tolerated in the stands.  The sad thing is that those acting this way aren't real fans anyway.  

• Content Count:  2,461

RespectaBULL, you are insane. Online courses? Really?

Rude is a tradition? 7-10K students? I don't think we've averaged 7K students for more than a year. Being rude is hardly a tradition.

I read your post and I see TSA licking their lips. They'd love to beat down rowdy students, with your permission. WE already get told to sit when we're standing, and you want the stadium managed with even more of an iron fist?

The Jayjay police state!

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

most of the a-holes are well drunk enough before they even set foot inside the stadium. 

Yes most are drunk enough before they enter, however if they could not refuel their buzz by the third quarter they would be sleepy...

Yes most are drunk enough before they enter, however if they could not refuel their buzz by the third quarter they would be sleepy...

Hahahaha!

I was anything but sleepy during the game.

I refuse to pay $$$ for the beer in Rayjay.

• Content Count:  1,981

Let's not turn this thread into a "Should we ban alcohol at the stadium?" one, there is already one going. The question is how to make the RespectaBull campaign better.

Let's not turn this thread into a "Should we ban alcohol at the stadium?" one, there is already one going. The question is how to make the RespectaBull campaign better.

It seems people think they are inextricably linked.

Archived