• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Respectabull Campaign: thoughts on making better

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

3.  Perhaps station some "mystery shoppers" in the stadium and reward those who are seen going out of their way to be kind to visiting fans?  A t-shirt, a $5 off concessions coupon, something?

I like this idea but with a twist ... Station some "mystery enforcers" around the stadium armed with tasers and shock the crap out of anybody caught going out of their way to be an ass.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Do not have the score board guy be drunk during the games, it sets a bad example for the students.

• Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I guess Kansas won't be coming back anytime soon.

http://www.kansan.com/stories/2008/sep/16/insults/

It really does seem that as we have gotten more popular, we have attracted more students, which is good.  But, it seems like a lot of them come only for the atmosphere.  I am not against tailgating, but don't overdo it so you make an ass out of yourself at the game.    Although according to the article, it wasn't just the students.  I didn't see any of this behavior.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1. I kind of like the online class thing, but not mandatory...students take it, they get ___ priority points to help them get a ticket.

2. I have to agree that alcohol in the stadium isn't a major contributor, the real drinking is done at the tailgate. Police need to monitor underage drinking.

I really don't know, I agree that it is going to take some time to fix, it's a big effort, and we all need to join in. Personally, I am going to make it my mission to seek out opposing fans and see how their experience has been both before and after the games. If all of us do that, at least a small group of fans will leave saying that someone went out of their way to try and make the trip enjoyable.

• Content Count:  2,461

^ I agree with this.

We are a young program. Until recently, we really didn't have large numbers of students going to the games.

Perhaps it is a matter of rising so far so fast. Maturation takes time.

In other news, anyone feel the campaign is being used (thrown back in our faces) as evidence that our fans are bad?

"Because South Florida has had problems with the student body’s behavior at games in the past, the school started a campaign called “Be Respect-A-Bull,†which was “aimed at promoting a higher level of pride, sportsmanship and honor,†according to South Florida’s athletics department’s Web site goUSFbulls.com,"

And another note... Some of these people in the article act like they're going to church. You definitely can't take the KU fan living in Orlando's word for it. He's been tainted by the Orlando media. :)

• Content Count:  2,461

“Try getting to the stadium in there where you have to walk by giant beer bongs with hundreds of students all chugging beer,†Kassing wrote in the e-mail, which was also sent to The University Daily Kansan. “How do I explain that to my children? How do you get into the gate safely without fearing for your life and your kids?â€

Really? Fearing for your life? Do beer bongs scare you? Afraid of young people, maybe?

• Content Count:  2,277

I think there should be some kind of "task force" of students gotten together.  Students who all have level heads on their shoulders and care about the image of their school.  If any of them see their peers acting like an a** then they say something to them.  I think if the task force is large enough if there is someone acting like an a** there would be several students telling them to stop and be Respect-a-Bull.

• Content Count:  44

“Try getting to the stadium in there where you have to walk by giant beer bongs with hundreds of students all chugging beer,†Kassing wrote in the e-mail, which was also sent to The University Daily Kansan. “How do I explain that to my children? How do you get into the gate safely without fearing for your life and your kids?â€

thats taking it a little too far.  Was anyone really in fear for their lives? Espically because of giant beer bongs... I'm pretty sure you will find thoes before any college football game anywhere...

• Content Count:  1,981

I think if the task force is large enough if there is someone acting like an a** there would be several students telling them to stop and be Respect-a-Bull.

C'mon now, I agreed with you up to that point. The a-holes would just laugh if they hear somebody telling them "C'mon buddy, you gotta act Respect-a-Bull!" or "That's not very Respect-a-Bull like!". I think "Stop being an a-hole!" , or "Don't be such a d-bag to other fans!" would be better. It just sounds too dorky, and not very authoritative.

Archived