• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Respectabull Campaign: thoughts on making better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Change the name.  It's awful.

It's better than the first, more accurate title they had:  The "Don't be a dooshbag idiot drunken profanity-spewing schmuck" Program...

ha, that name would actually be better

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Bullieve it or not (not preaching) it all begins and ends with alcohol at the stadium. Yes - some will sneak it in but the vast majority will actually enjoy the game and watch the student/athletes play.

Be RESPECTABULL is mandatory.

Drunk young spectators are the root of the problem here.  Yes there are some older spectators that get rough but largely it is the ALCOHOL that gets the courage up.

\

stupid post..

alcohol + students + college football have been around a long time.  Taking it out of RJS only means they will get trashed elsewhere then sneak some in. 

Go to a fricken UF game and hit the restroom and look at the ground for the 250 mini bottles per stall sitting on the ground.  You cannot stop it, only police those who abuse it.

Yea i saw this alot at the UCF game. So many bottles in the toilets.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Better name?

"Respect Starts With [img height=40 width=40]http://usfbullspen.com/avatars/SouthFlorida.gif"

Either way, it's about personal accountability.

You know... as much crap as the Greek Community takes, this would be a perfect opportunity for them to step up and show some real leadership.  Police their own groups, form coalitions to help monitor students, and generally be a positive force in this one.

As much crap as they get, it's a great chance for some organizations with some real pull among the students to do some good... just saying.

• Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

We need to get the Oracle in line with the respectabull campaign and students should be forced to take a "respectabull" online class about why we as a university need to respect opposing fans.  When students pick up their student tickets they need to sign a zero tolerance form for unruly behavior towards guests at the games.  Students who misbehave should be immediately ejected.  Also, student ticket allotment should be reduced to 6000 as a penalty against NC State. 

As far as the 300 section goes,  I don't have a clue as to how we can manage people.  Perhaps we can have the sections near the opposing fan base blacked out during the games and a no-trespassing policy enforced.

The sad part about the state of rude fans is this.  It is a tradition we have built and it will take a few years to make it go away.  This is not an easy fix.  It will take at least 20 more years of vigilance on behalf of our administration to change the culture.  We will slowly but surely soon be known as one of the worst home fields for visiting team fans. 

It starts with the students and ends with the students.  We have between 7,000-10,000 drunk students at every game.  That is a huge number to police, but I hope that with enough money we can begin to control the crowds.   

I have other ideas, but I do believe that we have some of the brightest minds and dedicated fans on this board so lets quit complaining and be pro-active!

p.s.  I had this name way before the administration stole it for their campaign.  :)  I just don't want to look like a tard.  :)

Other teams fans should not be in the student section.

• Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry... here's the summary of this, like it or not:

Whether you are a student with a free ticket, a donor with $10K club seats, or anything in between, there is ABSOLUTELY NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON TO BE AN A-HOLE TO AN OPPOSING FAN

Period. 

Finito. 

End of discussion. 

If you feel otherwise, perhaps you should find a new pastime, because your behavior is reflecting poorly on our fanbase, our team, our school, our athletic administration, and the alumni who are embarassed by your actions.

Four words:  Grow the hell up.

Thank you! 

Very well said!!!!  It's a shame we actually have to even discuss this stuff.  Now I know why my 2nd grade students don't use the words "please and thank you" anymore and actually have to be taught to use them.  They learn their rude behaviors from their parents.  I just can't imagine acting the way some people do towards others.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Here is my  :2cents

1.) Do not allow visiting fans to sit anywhere near the student section or the non-student sections - designate before every game a set section and if it does not fill up then fine let it be empty. When selling tickets try to fill up the middle of this section and leave the outer seats empty unless the visitors sell it out, this creates a barrier that should be filled with street clothed TPD, USFPD, and TSA.

Also don't split up the visitor sections, have them together in one big bloc on the lower bowl - aholes normally pick on smaller groups, a huge group would be less of a target.

2.) Stress to non-alumni & non-student visitors that if you are a fan of the visiting school that you should buy a visitors seat - any R-tards that manage to get a visitor seat and be a USF fan will be kicked up to the 300 level at worst.

3.) Try to allocate a visitor section with its own bathrooms, beer and food vendors as well as a smoking section.

I don't believe that any campaign will reign in the Bulls with no class, they will always be there waiting to toss a beer at a visitor, or scream in the face of a 9 year old visiting fan. Best thing we can do is hope to avoid interactions between the two, and set up a trap to catch the a-holes.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Here is my  :2cents

1.) Do not allow visiting fans to sit anywhere near the student section or the non-student sections - designate before every game a set section and if it does not fill up then fine let it be empty. When selling tickets try to fill up the middle of this section and leave the outer seats empty unless the visitors sell it out, this creates a barrier that should be filled with street clothed TPD, USFPD, and TSA.

Also don't split up the visitor sections, have them together in one big bloc on the lower bowl - aholes normally pick on smaller groups, a huge group would be less of a target.

2.) Stress to non-alumni & non-student visitors that if you are a fan of the visiting school that you should buy a visitors seat - any R-tards that manage to get a visitor seat and be a USF fan will be kicked up to the 300 level at worst.

3.) Try to allocate a visitor section with its own bathrooms, beer and food vendors as well as a smoking section.

I don't believe that any campaign will reign in the Bulls with no class, they will always be there waiting to toss a beer at a visitor, or scream in the face of a 9 year old visiting fan. Best thing we can do is hope to avoid interactions between the two, and set up a trap to catch the a-holes.

Those all could possibly help... but none of those should be issues as it isn't the proximity that is causing the problems... it is drunk, ignorant people causing it.

You can sit next to someone and not acost or verbally (or physically) assault them.

Archived