• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF bans daytime drinking at beefs monday-friday

fishinBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I think its pretty big b*llshit that they are babying us like this. UCF can drink whenever they want in between classes. If your going to put a bar on campus, dont police it. If I were Beefs I said the hell with USF for pulling this crap.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Glad I went to the St. Pete campus for some of my classes... in between classes, I would sit and get hammered at the bar on campus meeting mad amounts of chicks. Sometimes I went to the second class, sometimes I went to the chick's apartment I met that day. Either way... I turned out all right. What gives with USF Tampa? As I take a line from the Bad News Bears... "Let them drink! Let them drink!"

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Seems to me like this may severely impact Beef O Brady's. Whose to say how many beers they might have sold before 6pm, but alcohol sales in general had to have been a huge factor in wanting to sign a lease with the campus. Perhaps their contract does subject them to having alcohol sales limited by the university...but if I were them, I'd get someone to take a close look at that contract based on how it may effect their bottom line.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Wait a cotton pckin' minute here.

THE GREENERY IS CLOSED?!?!!?  WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!

Man, I used to hit that place up every Monday for $10 all you can drink.  They had great burgers and pizza, too!

=/

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

why are you "ashamed"  do you really need a beer that bad that you can't go .2 miles to the greenery (is that still open)  or even the beefs on fowler.

its not that big of a deal to me and i love beer as much as the next man.

I ashamed that USF doesn't think enough of the character of the individuals it accepts and hires to allow people to use their own personal judgement and responsibility.  I don't even know why it matters if students drink between classes - they can go to any number of off-campus places (including their apartment) to get a cold one.  If a student is coming to class belligerent or drunk then you deal with that on a case by case basis.  I would bet a lot of money the instances would be incredibly rare.

Just another example of ignoring personal responsibility in favor of societal control.

USF has every right to do this. They (or Aramark) are the sellers, and can decide when to sell. If you really must have that beer so bad, you can go off campus, or bring your own beer, order some wings, and be the envy of all the other people who want to get a buzz going between class. If anything it shows they are trying to avoid having drunks walk around while visitors are still around.

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say - no one is disputing USF's right to ban the sale of alcohol - or toothpicks or chewing gum for that matter.  Much like a discussion of where USF has choosen to make cuts in the current fiscal environment, the discussion is not over what is within the rights but what is the right thing for USF to do.  You may feel that banning the sale of alcohol during the day is the right thing to do.  I disagree, I think you should recruit faculty/staff/students who are responsible enough to manage their own conusmption of alcohol (and toothpicks and chewing gum for that matter).   Regardless of if we agree on that or not, no one is suggesting that this violates some state or federal law or in some other way is not within the authority of USF.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I'm pretty sure FSU had a similar issue when they opened a Chili's on campus...unfortunately not all 21 year olds are mature enough to consume alcohol responibly and other people are "punished" for that.

I'm not a huge drinker but it does stink. I know there were days when I was done with classes that I would've loved to sit down for some wings and a cold beer. As was already mentioned earlier a large number of students, especially ones that are of legal drinking age probably don't have class on Fridays.  

• Content Count:  1,633

What about 26 year olds that are in school full time?

This rule stinks, and I dont think I am going to head over that way anymore....

I'll just go off campus on my 2 hour break between classes....

• Content Count:  958

Beefs has been more empty lately

As if the economy was bad enough

Don't be surprised if we lose Beefs in a year...

I'm very disapointed in the way this situation has been handled

Archived